Would you love to be a part of one of the world's leading software companies?
Siemens EDA is seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Senior Software Development Engineer to join our forward thinking in Cairo, Egypt. This is role with a truly global scope, and the opportunity to drive continuous improvement of one our most important services.
What you'll be doing
In this role, you will:
- Design, improve, implement, and release software that meets functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability requirements.
- Collaborate with other developers as needed to understand and manage interdependencies of project tasks, product and flow integration issues. Participate in reviews and/or inspections of, designs, specifications, and code.
- Participate in project planning and tracking - task investigation, work breakdown, and schedule estimation. Keep project team members, adjacent teams, QA teams, Customer Support and Marketing informed of project risks and status.
- Write functional and design specifications.
- Work on EDA tools software which will involve design and development and integration of different flows, improve and add support for new features in existing EDA tools.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Lead, Support, and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Build reusable generic components that can be utilized by other ICDS R&D functions.
- Work with Marketing, QA to understand and support customer needs and requirements.
Knowledge and experience needed:
To apply, you will need to bring great skills and know-how to the role. We're looking for a candidate with:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum cumulative grade "Very Good" from a reputable University.
- At least 10+ years of experience with the qualifications below:
- Proven hands-on experience in agile software development using C/C++ technologies with deep understanding of object oriented design practices and design patterns.
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and computational geometries.
- Knowledge of Tcl, Python and lisp is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the IC design flow is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of software development under Windows and Visual Studio.
- Very Good knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system environments.
- Experience with writing and understanding shell Scripts (PowerShell, bash, csh , perl, etc) to automate tasks.
- Familiar with version management and continuous Integration tools.
- Excellent command of English and presentation skills.
If you like challenges and want to join us, apply now!
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access and equal opportunity.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time