Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100+ cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and hosts over 30 million users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone passionate about automation, tooling, and frameworks to join the Monitoring (Argus) team. You will be part of the team that has the mandate to build infra/app monitoring system/framework and enable all projects across Careem so improve the visibility and we get insight of system events, people can define alerts and get notified in case of any incidence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of our distributed monitoring system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast-growing business
- Design systems/solutions with a focus on scalability, testability, and maintainability
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability
- Build and ship new features and systems, with an emphasis on code quality, maintainability, readability, and testing
- Develop, maintain, and extend a variety of systems, including open-source, ready-made, and in-house applications.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 6+ years of experience in architecture/design, implementation and engineering software solutions.
- Experience working with mobile development on iOS and/or Android
- Experience in building and owning tools for medium to large engineering teams.
- Experience of building systems, dashboards and metrics to facilitate a data-driven approach to problem resolution
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- Obsession about keeping costs low while building solutions.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Expert Knowledge in Developing and debugging in one these Java, Python, Bash, Go.
- Experience with other programming languages is a plus.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in ReactNative, flutter
- Experience with monitoring systems like NewRelic, AppDynamic, Dynatrace, etc.
- Experience with cloud-centric application development and deployment (AWS preferred)