As a Senior Security Engineer you will form part of the Security Pod who are accountable for improving the security posture of JUMO through responding to incidents, documenting playbooks, automating responses, raising security awareness, implementing the necessary controls or fixes, recommending, and implementing improvements.
Our environment consists of Cybereason EDR, Tenable,io, AWS, Okta, Mimecast, Office365, Google Workspace, Data Dog, Addigy Mac MDM, VMWare Workspace One MDM, and Cisco Meraki.
- Respond to, document, and automate incident responses
- Proactively seek ways to improve existing processes and systems related to incidents, vulnerabilities, security control systems, and risks
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain security controls across JUMO’s cloud and endpoint estate
- Integrate JUMO’s various security tools to build and improve a holistic security posture
- Work with teams across JUMO to secure the systems they work with, or are responsible for
- Work with teams to complete first-pass supplier and software risk assessments
- Coach, mentor, and knowledge share within the team
You will need
- 5+ years of information security experience
- Previous programming experience, using languages such as Python
- Experience with cloud services such as cloud providers, SSO, cloud email gateways, cloud productivity suites
- Experience working within a security operations centre responding to, and refining alerts
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with other teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and take initiative
- A keen eye to identify process constraints and find solutions to alleviate these
- Ability to work independently and be comfortable with responsibility
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
You will be based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you have access to a reliable connection and are set up to work remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.