You will be working fully remotely as our Senior Software Engineer in our Tech Division which is now composed of 30 people worldwide. We prefer you to be based in Lagos, and you will be working with our engineering team based in Paris & India.
Your mission is to develop new features for our customers based in emerging countries in order to improve the services of our Android application. Your goal is to build the new digital bank for emerging countries.
We are waiting for you to work on :
- Developing high quality features working with our Product team to better serve customers;
- Building a platform on which each market can plug its specific features while maintaining a solid common core product;
- Tackling complex financial processes with the right patterns and appropriate solutions;
- Helping drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class experience for our customers;
- Being responsible for designing, developing and deploying medium to large sized projects;
- Helping define engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team;
- Contributing to continuous improvements to an infrastructure which can handle over millions of clients;
- Analysing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration and platform integration.
🔧 Our technical Stack
- Our customer product is an Android application;
- It communicates with a Ruby on Rails backend (sidekiq, rspec);
- Our ML pipeline is an API-flask (Python);
- We are hosted on AWS: we use Elastic Beanstalk, a RDS Aurora mysql database, S3, Kinesis (data-stream, firehose);
- Prototype of a data warehouse on GCP (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer);
- We have automated tests that run on Travis.
- You have >5 years of experience in backend,
- You must have led a team of engineers for no less than 2 years - also handled mentoring and onboarding of new software developers,
- You must have led a technical project from specification to delivery,
- You are able to code in a backend languague (Ruby on Rails or Python or node.js or Go or Php or Java…)
- You have knowledge/ experience with AWS or GCP cloud providers,
- You are able to go to the most efficient solution,
- You know how to take initiatives.