Groove is the leading sales engagement platform for enterprises using Salesforce. Built for relationship-based sellers, Groove increases rep productivity, drives Salesforce adoption, and delivers revenue intelligence. Over 70,000 people use Groove at companies including Google, BBVA, Atlassian, Uber, and Capital One. Learn more: https://groove.co.
About the Role
We're looking for awesome, well-rounded engineers who want to take on big challenges, collaborate closely with others, grow a lot, and help shape the future of the company. You will have a direct influence on product and technology decisions and help define our culture as we change how companies and teams sell.Our engineering organization is split into product-based squads. You'll be joining one of these squads and working most closely with each engineer and product manager within the squad.
- You value writing tests, pairing, and making an impact on end-users
- You enjoy white-boarding data models and workflows with others
- You've built and supported things that operate in production and at scale
- You seek the best solution given real-life constraints - not the best academic answer.
- You communicate well
- You take initiative and ownership by identifying issues and fixing them or communicating them with the team without being asked
- You're intellectually curious
- You're passionate about building technology to help the workflows of a historically neglected user-base
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a personal track record of lifelong learning
Requirements - Technology Skills
- Excellent OR mapping and RDBMS engineering skills on MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLServer, and/or Oracle to include high proficiency with SQL, DDL, stored procedures, and schema design
- Fluency in web services / API standards, technologies and tools (e.g. XML, SOAP/REST, GraphQL, etc.), experienced in architecting enterprise-class web services and API
- Must possess theoretical and proven practical mastery of programming and design patterns, beyond the normal MVC, etc.
- Familiar with Salesforce platform / APEX development
- Familiar with Chrome Extension development
- 4+ years of professional software development experience with heavy use of at all important equivalent web application frameworks, such as Java/J2EE, Python, or C#/.Net or Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years of professional performance engineering experience with large scale application performance tuning and benchmarking of millions of daily transactions and terabyte databases
- Experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies
- 2+ years of professional web application development experience that required heavy use of related commercial or open-source web application frameworks
- 2+ years of professional RDBMS development experience that leveraged complex SQL, DML, DDL, and well-designed schemas. Directly PostgreSQL experience is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL data management and analysis technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Pig, Hive, Redis, MemcacheD, Redshift, etc. is a plus
- Salesforce Development experience (Apex, LWC, Visualforce, SOQL) is a plus
- Chrome Extensions Development experience is a plus
Benefits and PerksStock options401k matchFlexible PTOMedical/dental/vision insurance, with employee premiums covered at 99%!Company-paid life insuranceRemote office set up options and locations in San Francisco, San Diego and Seattle10 Paid holidaysProfessional development stipendCompany-wide team-building retreats & virtual eventsFun, collaborative, and balanced cultureOur Culture and Core ValuesOur values speak volumes about who we are, both as individuals and as a team. At Groove, we put our team before ourselves and are dedicated to ensuring that our teammates are happy and satisfied, both in their careers and their work environment. We are a team of high-performers that operate in a culture of empathy and transparency, with a natural curiosity to continually grow. We put the team before ourselves, care more, and enjoy the journey above all else. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor. Equal Opportunity EmployerGroove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.