An exciting opportunity is available for a Senior Test Analyst to join our Engineering Department based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of this role is to test and validate new software to ensure the correct functionality and identify areas that requires modification.
The Test Analyst reports directly to the Team Lead, with an indirect reporting line to the QA Manager.
This position is responsible for testing new software projects and releases to ensure high quality delivery with no errors.
Internal Liaison takes place with all departments. External liaison is not required.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To liaise and work together with the Scrum team to ensure software requirements are achieved
- Make use of the scrum technique for development and testing
- Attend all Scrum planning, sprint, daily stand-up and retrospective meetings
- Ensure delivery of whole project that meets the client/user’s requirements
- Compile final report from stakeholders
- To test software to ensure minimum down time
- Action all tasks allocated in Jira and drag to completed when tested/block with comment if fault occurs
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- ISTQB / ISEB Foundation Level certification (Desirable)
- 5 + years’ experience as a Test Analyst (Essential) which includes: Exposure to automation with strong manual testing skills (Essential); Experience in creating reusable test suites and cases; Experience in testing APIS, microservices (Essential); Experience in mobile testing e.g. Android, iOS (Essential); Experience working with JIRA (Essential)
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver and Postman (Desirable)
- Experience in writing automated tests (Desirable)
- Knowledge of various testing techniques
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of PHP programming
- Multitasking skills
- Computer skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills