Senior WordPress Web Developer is responsible for developing and/or designing websites for our clients. You will be working alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating our client websites.
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Website and Web application designing, building and maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
Qualification and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar
- 5 years of experience in web development or related field, or relevant.
- Experience in developing websites with CMS services like WordPress, with over 10 independently designed websites in your portfolio
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Intermediate knowledge of My SQL.
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment
- Able to solve complex problems