The Infrastructure team works closely with other product teams to ensure software is easy to deploy and maintain.You will work with teammates and help us support by engineering, managing, and maintaining our hosting platform and infrastructure, allowing secure and scalable hosting. You’ll also be central to the future development of our services, looking for continuous improvement to the platform and supporting the rollout of new features and releases to keep our partners and us at the cutting edge of what we do.
What you’ll do in your day-to-day:
Proactive Monitoring and Team Support: 60%
- Monitor all notification channels (Slack, GH, Support Dashboard CHT forums, partner outreach), ensure timely response and escalate as necessary. Be available (subject to time zones of team members) to respond to, troubleshoot, remediate, and document expected or unexpected outages, incidents, or problems in production.
- Proactively monitor performance and reliability of production systems
- Produce status pages consumable by non-technical users
- Consult on technical needs for larger-scale deployments, including local hosting, scalability, etc.
- Provide remote troubleshooting support to active deployments as needed
- Prioritize urgent troubleshooting problems in live instances
- Identify possible production problems by checking through or reviewing the issues that have been reported
- Follow up and investigate questions asked on Slack channels and the CHT forum
- Provide technical information, explain processes, clarify interactions when requested and ensure proper documentation
Software engineering, and deployment support: 40%
- Manage upgrades and upgrade processes on production instances
- Automate deployments to increase testability and reliability
- Automate deployment monitoring and alerting
- Onboarding and training teammates and/or partners on our platform, as well as providing them with post-onboarding support
- Guiding trouble-free deployments on clients/partners projects
- Specifying, implementing, documenting, and rolling out features/updates
- Deep diving into engineering and architecture topics, supporting the improvement and growth of our products and services
Here’s what we use to make all that happen:
We want to be as inclusive as possible in our hiring process.If you don’t have 100% of what we’re looking for, but feel like you’re pretty close to growing into the role — please still apply.We care more about having strong teammates that contribute and can learn whatever else they need along the way.
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and best practices
- Automation mastery
- Bug resolution
- Detective Skills: troubleshooting and debugging
- Checklists and documentation for processes and systems
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS but experience with others such as Azure and GCP is also valid)
- Orchestration technologies
- Linux system administration, monitoring, security best practices, networking, and logging
- HTTP, SSL/TLS, REST, HTML, DNS.
- Proactive and transparent communication
- Software development experience