We’re looking for an experienced Front-End Engineer to join our collaborative team. The team is made up of curious life-long learners who get excited about solving novel technical challenges. The task of the team is not to build a traditional web app but to create a seamless, thoughtful way for users.
Shahry is an AI powered mobile credit card. Launched in 2019, we have grown exponentially accelerating access to credit for unbanked Egyptians. Positioned as a buy-now-pay-later app for goods, Shahry offers Egypt’s only fully digital lending solution where applying for credit happens without a `wet signature`.
We source products exclusively from reputable merchants and allow monthly repayment of purchases through digital payments, credit cards, or Egypt’s vast network of over 200k PoS.
Shahry is also Egypt’s only startup funded and partnered with a regulated bank, allowing us unlimited to access financing and industry expertise to build a radical and innovative fintech platform.
This is an example of the stuff that allows us to geek out: automating credit scorecards, digitizing behavioral footprints, (automating) user profiling, and rocking the boat in general.
- Experience with writing automated tests (eg. Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape)
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
- Fair knowledge of pre-processors such as Sass.
- Experience with mobile-first and responsive web design methodologies
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Develop features and improvements to the Shahry product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- You’ll work with Product Management and other stakeholders (Backend, UX, etc.) to iterate on new features within the Shahry product.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- You’ll learn, collaborate and teach other Frontend Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they’ve been in the industry.
- You’ll contribute to and follow our workflow process, alongside the rest of the Frontend Engineers.