About the Company:
Poliigon is a growing fully-remote startup in the VFX, gaming and 3D visualization space.
We offer a library of materials and models that 3D artists use to make images, games and movies - some of which you've probably seen in the cinemas.
For more information see: https://www.poliigon.com
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our new in-house team.
This is a full-time role that will work with the other developers, QA Engineer and product manager to help transition Poliigon to a Microservice architecture as well as deliver enhancements and new features.
- Create lightweight and secure APIs to power Poliigon.com and desktop applications to enable a transition to microservices
- Work with the rest of the development team to deliver bug fixes, enhancements and new features for Poliigon
- Contribute in all areas of development from analysis to implementation and maintenance
- Write quality code that is reliable, performant, maintainable, secure and testable
- Ability to self-QA, testing code across browsers and devices and debugging as needed
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Proven experience in architecting and building enterprise-level applications
- Solid understanding of HTTP and Web protocols
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, Microservices and REST API communication
- Experience in working with containerized platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with one or more languages (mainly PHP, Python, Java)
- Experience with both Laravel, Lumen frameworks
- Experience in working with RDBMS (MySQL) and NoSQL (Elasticsearch, MongoDB)
- Experience with the following technologies / Skills (Git, S3, Redis, API Gateway, OAuth2)
Ideal but not required:
- Experience with Bootstrap and SCSS
- Experience with Webpack and NPM
What sets us apart:
- We’re a bootstrapped startup on track to meet 50% YoY growth.
- We’re fully remote, with staff across multiple countries (and have been since our founding).
- We deliver a product that solves real problems for movies and game studios
- We value life-long learning and encourage honest communication.
Work from home! You can work anywhere that can communicate regularly with Australian and US time zones.