Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100+ cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and host over 30 million users.
About the Role
As a Full-Stack engineer, you are expected to have strong skills on the backend while being proficient with the frontend stack and be able to navigate and work from database schema design, to architecting and implementing system interactions, to modifying UI features and the presentation layer. As such, Fullstack Engineers often build a closer understanding of the business, and are well-suited to career paths in team leadership and/or management.
What You'll Do
- Develop our distributed backend systems to meet the challenging functional, scalability, and reliability requirements of our fast-growing business.
- Work independently to understand functional specifications and deliver complete features with an emphasis on code quality, maintainability, readability, and testing.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Participate in the on-call rotations and be willing to jump in and help resolve any incidents within the defined SLA.
- Participate in team agile processes and practices and contribute to their continuous evolution.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of professional experience in Software Development.
- Expertise in backend development using NodeJS, MySQL, and the Microservices ecosystem.
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong focus on customers and operational excellence.
Nice To Have
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or other related fields.
- Experience with Distributed Systems at scale in a cloud based environment.
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining APIs
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth
- Engineering experience at scale
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.