The New Product Experimentation (NPE) team’s mission is to build products that matter to the world. We are an organization of passionate and talented builders focused on developing a pipeline of new applications and experiences that can change people’s lives and everyday experiences.
This role is for a senior engineering leader with demonstrated experience building impactful zero to one products in Nigeria (or similar emerging markets), scaling engineering teams and systems, and performing in a highly dynamic/fluid environment. A successful candidate is a servant-leader who is excited to leverage their knowledge of the local environment, proven technical ability, and start up experience to build the next transformative product in Nigeria. This role sits within the Ikenga team of NPE; a team focused on building zero to one products with Nigerian use cases primarily in mind.
Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Lead technical design, scoping, and engineering implementation as an IC over the short-term.
- Co-own product strategy.
- Identify new opportunities for the larger organization & influence the appropriate people for staffing/prioritizing these new ideas
- Drive clarity when there's ambiguity in order to shape where we invest and what we build.
- Participate in technical design discussions and communicate across cross-functional teams.
- Work cross-functionally with product, business development, partnerships, policy, legal, marketing, and PR to launch products and partnerships.
- Serve as a key stakeholder for the long-term strategy of the engineering organization(s) in Nigeria
- 7+ years of engineering experience building and scaling products.
- Exceptional technical background within Software Engineering with a focus on product
- Significant experience in mentoring influencing senior engineers across organizations
- Experience building a product zero to one, from ideation to scale and everything in-between.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to interface with C-level entrepreneurs and stakeholders.
- Previous startup experience as either a founder, or early technical employee preferably at a Nigeria based company.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (Up to 25%)
- Ideal candidate has previous experience building commerce, social, or education products
- Ideal candidate is creative, hungry, has high attention to detail, and is extremely passionate about craft.