We know what you are thinking
But we are not going to feed you a tired, copy-pasted, inaccurate job spec that is halfway outdated by the time you walk into the proverbial door (you know the specs we are talking about!), so how about this? We just give you a high-level view to give you the information you came here for, and you can apply so that we can schedule a chat to fill in any blanks or questions you may have and for both of us to make an informed decision on whether we want to make this happen!
Who we are
Led by a team of venture builders, we have a significant amount of experience in ideating, validating, building, launching, and scaling startups from the ground up. Unlike accelerators or incubators, we see ourselves as co-founders of a startup who work closely with our partners.
We specialize in working with corporates and entrepreneurs to build their businesses end-to-end, or provide standalone services in areas like research, design, development, sales, marketing, and fundraising.
Why work with us
We combine lean startup methodology with corporate assets using cutting-edge technology, design principles, and processes applied to real-world problems. By doing this we create the sweet spot for disruptive innovation. You will have endless opportunities for learning new skills in a wide range of disruptive technology, market areas, and various industries.
How we work
We encourage you and allow you to move forward with new ideas to help grow the company. Most importantly, we encourage you to be yourself and have fun. We don’t promote work/life balance in the traditional sense, rather we believe in “work/life integration.” We like having a good time at work, not just outside of it. There’s no need to hide your random quirks or awkward dance moves from us. In a way, you might be taking a “break from life” by working here!
Who we are looking for
Someone who wants to constantly learn and grow and work on impactful and innovative things alongside brilliant and passionate people. Someone who is hungry and driven with a real passion for innovation. You are a future thinker, you stay ahead of the herd.
Some of the things that you’ll do
Depending on your role, team, experience and skill set, this includes:
- Participate in requirements analysis.
- Mentoring and developing other team members.
- Developing front-end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back-end applications.
- Designing databases for different use cases.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Designing and developing RESTful service APIs.
- Be involved with multiple ventures at different stages (conception to completion).
What you’ll need
Depending on your role (like frontend, backend, or full-stack), we value:
- Experience in the field, with a BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering being beneficial.
- Critical thinker and problem-solver who pays attention to detail.
- Effective communication to collaborate with stakeholders (internal and external).
- A high degree of organisation, individual initiative, and personal accountability.
- Team player within projects and also in the larger organisation.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, MSSQL and MongoDB.
- Awareness of web security, data privacy, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Understanding of project management methodologies, such as Agile, SCRUM, and Kanban.
- Great interpersonal, troubleshooting and communication skills.
Bonus points if you have
- Appreciation for candour; giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to mentor/coach.
- Experience working with server technologies including Apache, IIS, Node.js, Nginx and J2EE.
- Understanding the use of ORM’s where applicable.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, system design, and algorithms.
- Have an account on Discord and/or Steam (If this is your thing).
- Initial CV and LinkedIn screening.
- A 30-minute call to assess skill and experience and get to know each other with a relevant team lead.
- A face-to-face/online technical interview, possibly a whiteboard problem or take-home assignment.
- A chat with Team & Culture and /other team leads.
- Reference checks (at least 2) and personal checks (socials, etc).
- An option of hanging out with the team (online/offline).
Additional reasons to love us
- Great culture.
- Co-drive the corporate venture start-up space (co-found a startup).
- Cutting-edge technology.
- Flexible working hours and remote working options.
- Be part of shaping the next venture game-changer.