Who We Are: We build the platform that powers the world’s most data-driven telecoms companies
Our Story: At Synapticiel, we’re obsessed with making data the most valuable asset in telecom & authority organizations. We believe that when people have unconstrained access to explore massive amounts of data at the speed of thought, they can make data-driven decisions that can wholly impact the future of any business.
Founded in 2012 by Telecoms veterans, Synapticiel has always been at the forefront of streaming big data analytics innovation. We fundamentally believe that in order for businesses to become truly data-driven enterprises there needs to be a new model for analyzing the massive petabytes of data that are being generated on networks and through sensors and devices; a new data fabric that correlates and analyzes the data as it hits the network. By enabling service providers, enterprises and governments to analyze data the instant it’s captured, S-One provides our customers the unique ability to be decisive in today’s data-driven world.
Position Summary and Purpose: Responsible for developing, testing, and deploying new features for the S-One Analytics platform, under the guidance of our Principal Software Architect.
Job responsibilities may extend anywhere from expanding data capture to new network devices, to improving front end UI, to deployment of ML architecture, to building out our reporting engine. We are looking primarily for people experienced with at least some of the tools above, but we are also ready to support key professional growth goals for anyone who demonstrates curiosity and capability to pick up new skills quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, and deploy features in collaboration with a small engineering team of 5 people.
- Clean and transform customer data as necessary to be meaningful using Beats, Custom Beats (Go Programming), Logstash (Ruby & Java Programming)
- Create and maintain Elasticsearch mapping, transforms and ML Jobs
- Create and maintain Kibana Dashboards, Canvas & Alerts
- Actively participate in regular internal team discussions and code reviews.
- Monitor the success of deployed features and meeting customer needs and make revisions accordingly.
- Have completed a program that teaches software development skills and team collaboration practices (programming bootcamp, CS degree, or similar)
- Familiarity with source code management tools (Git, Github, Bitbucket).
- Experience working with customers in Telcos or similar is a plus, especially if you don't already have career experience developing software.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Characteristics, etc.:
- Experience working in a team environment with a customer-deployed end product (for the mid-career position)
- Experience communicating with customers having limited sophistication in software development
- Understanding of mental models for software development
- Familiarity managing evolving goals and milestones in an agile development environment
- Well organized, disciplined and self-motivated, capable of balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal company personnel, vendors and customers with equal effectiveness, professionalism and positivity
- Flexibility in handling responsibilities outside your comfort zone
. What We Offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground floor with a growing team solving challenging problems for Telcos
- A positive company culture which values collaboration, hard work, and mutual respect
- Support for professional development goals and opportunities to work on projects which expand your skill set
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Opportunities for equity in an early-stage startup
If this sounds interesting but you're not sure about your appropriateness for the role, please get in touch anyway and we can discuss further.