Isazi Consulting is an Artificial Intelligence company based in Johannesburg. We are a young, fun and innovative tech company that solves difficult, real world challenges across various industries through building machine learning and advanced analytics software solutions. We believe our success is best felt through enabling our clients to make decisions informed by data.
At Isazi Consulting, we are a dynamic team of data-driven, colourful geniuses who love to solve real problems in different ways. We are built on passion, trust and thinking outside of the box. We value unique, free-thinking individuals who chase the thrill of building from scratch. We are looking for new colleagues who value trust, creativity, autonomy, and mastery.
Purpose of role
The primary function of the Software Engineer role is to design, build and maintain Isazi’s machine learning products. We do this by creating customer orientated machine learning solutions from general purpose machine learning solutions, making them more reliable and robust in the process. Key design goals include scaling the number of transactions the systems can perform to hundreds of thousands of business transactions per month, and ensuring that the data is secured because it is of a sensitive nature.
- Understand the purpose, customer needs, and constraints of Isazi’s products and solutions.
- Design, develop and maintain databases, system APIs, system integrations, machine learning pipelines and web user interfaces.
- Analyse system usage patterns, and data flows to detect and remediate issues, performance, and security problems.
- Scale algorithms designed by data scientists for deployment in high performance environments.
- Develop, and maintain continuous integration pipelines to deploy the systems.
Qualifications and Criteria:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and criteria:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in quantitative field (Computer Science Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, etc.).
- Understanding of optimisation, predictive modeling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms.
- Docker and Linux knowledge is an advantage.
- Experience using Git.
- Knowledge of continuous integration (e.g. Gitlab/Github).
- Basic familiarity with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Strong grounding in applied mathematics.
- A firm understanding of and experience with the engineering approach.
- Strong level of accountability and ownership.
- Analytical thinking.
- Ability to interact with other team members via code and design documents.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in high pressure environments and meet deadlines.