Hi! We’re so happy that you’re here.
Think-it is a software engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through sustainable use of technology. Our high-performance, low-carbon solutions help innovative teams around the world lower costs, democratize data, and reach net-zero faster.
With a focus on digital transformation, smart infrastructure, and the UN SDGs, we tackle meaningful problems that can only be solved with future-proof technology. Our team includes experts in Full Stack Engineering, Machine Learning, and DevOps and Cloud.
Founded in 2017, Think-it is home to a diverse community of changemakers — we represent 8+ nationalities, and 40% of us are women. We’re proud to be backed by mission-aligned partners, and our goals are people- and planet-centric.
We believe that technology leaders are defined by their ability to solve today’s biggest product challenges, while also modeling and transferring the best practices of their craft to any team member — from entry level developers to senior software engineers.
We’re looking for a confident and people-centric Lead Software Engineer with experience in people management to join our team. Your challenge: lead our key partner accounts with your own team, and mentor the next generation of engineers at Think-it in your area of technical expertise.
80%: Your key responsibilities
- Take ownership of one or more of our key partner accounts, including technical strategy and decision-making, product problem-solving and troubleshooting, partner success communication, and coaching junior engineers
- Support our social impact learning programs and internal Learning & Development by coaching up-and-coming engineers on your areas of expertise
- Responsible for the development, support, and assessment of personalized growth plans for the engineers reporting to you on your partner teams
- Collaborate with our Talent Acquisition team to strengthen our pipeline and hiring experience for engineers in your area of expertise
- Set an example of responsible technology leadership: Think big, but hold yourself accountable for the quality and ethical impact of your work — and lead your team by example with humility, strong work ethic, and a growth mindset.
20%: Up to you! What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?
- 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer, including experience with team leadership and/or technical project management
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools, TDD, and pair programming
- Professional written and verbal fluency in English.
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver value on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your team.
- You are people-centric. You are excited by a role focused on the mentorship and guidance of junior Software Engineers, and are confident giving and receiving feedback to help others grow.
What we offer you:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Autonomous and remote-friendly workplace culture
- Globally conscious culture invested in the ethical use of technology to solve real problems
- Free weekly team lunches
- Team activities, retreats, and reflections
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers
Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
QUICK TIP: Make sure to send us your CV in ENGLISH. No need for a cover letter 🙂