Superbalist.com is a fast growing online fashion business based in South Africa. We’re obsessive about our high performance yet collaborative culture, and are looking for leaders to join our team. We think big, move fast, take ownership and are used to winning. We’re lucky to be surrounded by colleagues who are experts in their field, working together to create a world class brand.
We’re looking for people who:
- are decisive
- are continuously learning & improving
- think big
- are proactive
- obsess about the customer and the customer experience
- are accountable
- are trustworthy, approachable and open minded
- simplify processes and solve complexity
- diverse and inclusive
If that sounds exciting to you, then you may be right for Superbalist, and ready to help us build SA’s biggest and best fashion retailer.
The Role - What you'll do:
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, you will have full ownership of all direct marketing channels (email, push + desktop notifications, SMS, Web + App overlays) and responsibility over how these channels feed into revenue, margin, order value, sessions, conversation targets and growth.
- Develop effective CRM strategies to drive customer acquisition and retention for increased user engagement, customer lifetime value and revenue growth within the Marketing space.
- Working closely with the retail team to drive customer centric and commercially aligned promotional and offer strategies, ensuring strong and accurate promotional coverage across platforms.
- Supporting and aligning with the brand team to drive customer value proposition strategy, long-term brand positioning and loyalty, as well as short term campaign execution.
- Working closely with other businesses within the Takealot Group (Mr D Food + takealot.com) to drive joint campaigns and increase user engagement across the portfolio.
- Coordinate with relevant departments, including editorial, in the ongoing preparation and implementation of the seasonal calendar across direct and owned platforms/channels.
- Working with product and data science teams to conceptualise and execute on increased customer centric personalisation, recommendation feeds and improved customer lifecycle journeys.
- Ongoing channel experimentation, testing, reporting and analysis for performance insights and optimisation.
- Monitoring and researching competitor activity for commercial + brand insights.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on building and delivering pilot programs and betas to ensure continuous business growth.
- Spearhead efforts to drive the development and growth of the CRM department within the Superbalist business.
- Manage, develop and grow your direct report, the Push Marketing Assistant.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills | This is a highly collaborative, very fast paced role where you will be expected to work effectively alongside various business functions.
- Sound analytical skills | Analyse and report on performance and engagement data from various data sources.
- Digital skills | You would need to manage CRM deliverables via numerous platforms, both 3rd party and internally built.
- Detail oriented | The ideal candidate would be obsessed with getting things done right, ensuring 100% accuracy and quality control, while maintaining high level long term focus.
- Deep understanding of all CRM channels | Email, push + desktop notifications, SMS, Web + App overlays, briefing, quality control, scheduling, experimentation, reporting and optimisation.
- Organizational skills | The ability to prioritise and execute in the best interest of the business, under strict deadlines.
- Takes initiative + ownership | In this environment, the ideal candidate must be self motivated with the ability to take initiative and full ownership of their role.
- Passion for data | Understand the reporting and interpretation of channel performance, data and tracking of the relevant KPI’s and feeding back to stakeholders across various seniority levels in a way that makes sense and adds value.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Degree/diploma in Marketing, Advertising or Communications
- 3+ years in a senior CRM position
- Flexibility and problem solving
- Great collaboration skills with a knack for cross team organisation
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A focussed, technical mindset
- Ability to work efficiently and manage workflow and deadlines
- Ability to gather insights and prepare complex reports for review
- An exceptionally strong strategic mindset that can translate across various business functions outside of core specialisation
- Commercially astute
- Familiarity with backend systems and programming languages a plus