Founded in 2015, JUMO’s mission is to empower emerging market entrepreneurs with financial choices. It has been an exciting and challenging journey, with many achievements and setbacks. At times, we have had to make difficult decisions, most recently this has been to focus on delivering a strong, lean operating model that builds on our clear successes and reduces our exposure in untested markets.
At JUMO we believe that we have the opportunity in our lifetime to connect every entrepreneur to the financial products they need to grow and prosper. We need exceptional people in key roles to make that happen. Joining JUMO requires boldness, resilience, and innovation. You will need to embrace change and operate comfortably in uncharted territory.
As Tech Lead you will be accountable for delivering well crafted, tested and scalable solutions to the most complex problems. You will be based in Cape Town and will report to Director // Engineering.
If you join us, you’ll
- Set the direction for your team, making sure everyone understands and follows major technical decisions
- Be a leader, helping your team members grow into amazing professionals
- Work in an agile cross-functional team, delivering quality code you can be proud of
- Work with a modern but pragmatic Tech Stack (i.e. Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Datadog, Jenkins + Spinnaker for CI/CD, AWS), building a highly scalable distributed system
- Learn from technical leadership, with hands-on experience
- Receive regular high-quality feedback, to help you continuously improve
What you’ll need
- Extensive hands-on experience designing, developing and testing distributed, high-volume and highly reliable software
- Understanding of requirements and excellent communication skills for explaining technical solutions.
- Business and operational awareness
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, ideally AWS
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
Things you’ll love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring office space
- Working for real social impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate uncharted territory
- Solving stimulating challenges alongside international teams
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- Working with leading technology and being at the forefront of innovation