We're an EdTech startup on a mission to help one million Arabs become proficient in English.
We are looking for a dedicated Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead who loves programming and writes code that he/she is proud of.
As part of your job, you will constantly seek the latest technologies, be committed to using state-of-the-art solutions, and never accept any performance on an ad-hoc basis.
The position is remote, and you will be working based on KSA timezone.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent expertise).
- You should have at least 2 years of experience in leading software engineering teams building, deploying, and maintaining custom web application and API platforms using PHP framework.
- Full proficiency in PHP (3 years+ experience) and can use it to supplement and extend existing products. At least 2 years experience in Symfony or Laravel frameworks.
- Can perform SQL queries and build data-driven applications. Knows basics of relational database design.
- Good Experience in HTML, CSS, and JS. Familiarity with one of JS frameworks (like jQuery) is needed as well.
- Can effectively debug issues using tools like xdebug or chrome's console. Is familiar with stack overflow and other community resources.
- Full understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum and KANBAN), Git, Docker and GitHub.
- Good understanding of AWS basic features and CI/CD tools.
- Desirable Skills:
Knowledge of API's, such as Zoom, Facebook, Google maps, Instagram, etc.
Knowledge of NoSQL with some experience is a plus.