About Nokia Software
Nokia Software is the leading solutions provider in the telecoms software market helping to drive large-scale service and network operations automation and digital business transformation in support of customer migrations to 5G. Built on Nokia’s cloud-native Common Software Foundation (CSF), Nokia’s multi-vendor and multi-network software solutions enrich and secure user experiences; automate operations and infrastructure; and enable new revenue streams and cost efficiencies.
The Technical Manager manages the development and implementation process of Nokia's products and services. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget / spending. Organises cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project ie product on schedule and within budget constraints. This role requires a strong technical and Architectural background in Nokia's FlowOne proudct
.Job Responsibilities & Competencies
• Technical contact and reference person for assigned projects.
• Working together with Project management and technical staff
• Manages all the technical management activities defined in Customer contract in terms of quality, risk and time from delivery approach preparation through deployment, customer acceptance and care phase.
• Acts as primary technical interface and first technical escalation point within the Customer project.
• Ensures operational continuity and smooth execution as well as network availability by implementing proactively BG/BL guidelines and PM@Nokia Methodology.
• Supports Project Execution Owner (PEO) in project planning and delivery Acceptance.
• Validates the workload involved and expertise needed related to technical tasks. Ensures resource management related to technical tasks regarding allocation, induction, release and expertise needed.
• Leads technical activities during execution and care phase, for instance Core Network Implementation, System Acceptance, Multi-Vendor Interface Verification, Fault and Technical Escalation Management, Preventive Care and HW/SW update and upgrade.
• Performs a Technical Risk Analysis. Proposes and implements risk mitigation actions.
• Supports Project Execution Owner (PEO) to ensure delivery handover to regular operations and to assure actions have been successfully implemented.
• Ensures network availability with Care project team.
• Identifies new technical management related opportunities to expand contracts with the customer (EG network expansion, new features, software corrections implementations).
• When applicable supports Solution Managers to review adopted solutions and assumptions.*The term “customer project” refers generally to all forms of Nokia customer contracts; projects with a definitive start and end; and, programs - collections of projects managed together for business benefits which may contain an ongoing operations business.
This position requires a candidate who possess the following knowledge, experience, skills and qualities:
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.