Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Technical Support Engineer 2 is a strategic customer advisor and the internal voice for our customer base. They will both have the accountability and responsibility to deliver on our customers’ needs. This role acts as a liaison between customers and all functional areas within DocuSign to resolve technical support inquiries. Working with resources across DocuSign, the Sr. Expert expedites the resolution of complex technical issues to empower customers to achieve the highest value and adoption of our software.
This position reports to a Technical Support Manager.
- Provide exceptional technical support for the DocuSign Agreement Cloud (DAC) and associated services
- Handles incoming support channels to troubleshoot customer inquiries, including but not limited to API integrations, embedded systems issues, network and security-related impediments, 3rd party integrations, and multi-product workflows.
- Uses broad technical product expertise within DAC areas to help customers increase adoption.
- Utilize support tools and resources necessary to solve the customer issue, including Salesforce, Jira, DocuSign proprietary logging systems, SharePoint, browser developer tools, internal admin console, SQL, and text analysis tooling.
- Proactively identifies improvements to the product, identify bugs and otherwise determine high-impact opportunities to enhance the customer experience
- Promotes DocuSign products and services to customers and prospective customers via consultative discussion and evaluation of their service and support needs
- Manages escalated cases from internal channels to troubleshoot issues customers face when using DocuSign products.
- Provides support for internal peers for inquiries on product knowledge and engagement paths.
- Meets and exceed DocuSign Customer Support service level goals for areas of DAC expertise
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of SaaS troubleshooting experience in a Technical Support capacity
- Experience troubleshooting in a web-based environment including HTTP, JSON, IIS, HTML, and CSS
- Log analysis experience using network tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles Proxy, browser developer tools or similar
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, excellent organizational skills and superior time management skills
- Subject Matter Expert for at least one vertical across DocuSign technologies
- Effective communication skills which are a key component of this role, with audiences that include customers, peers, and occasional executive presence
- Salesforce administration work experience
- Microsoft, Dynamics and/or SharePoint domain administrator
- Ability to troubleshoot regular expressions and other complex data validation rules
- Possesses a deep understanding of DocuSign User Models
- Experience supporting DocuSign eSignature and related products
- Expertise with web-based applications, web service APIs, monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace), and authentication technologies such as SAML and oAuth
- Familiarity with structured query languages such as SQL and SOQL
- Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with both internal and external customers
- Ability to collaborate with peers across the organization without friction
- Familiarity with DocuSign Contract Lifecycle Management workflows and architecture
- Multi-lingual in DocuSign supported languages
- Professional experience within relevant industries for which DocuSign provides solutions