Electrum is a fast-paced technology company working with some of the country’s biggest financial services brands. We love that the projects we work on touch the lives of millions of South Africans every day, making a real difference – whether that’s giving an aspiring businesswoman access to banking for the first time, or distributing government financial aid to thousands of students
We are looking for a full-time Technical Writer to develop, collate, and disseminate technical information about our products and services to internal and external audiences.
- Create and maintain content that effectively promotes a better technical understanding of Electrum’s products. This includes user guides, tutorials, reference materials, how-to guides, user interface text, release notes, and process documentation.
- Curate content repositories and ensure that the information is up to date and accessible.
- Perform audience analysis to understand the appropriate level at which to deliver content.
- Engage with Electrum staff and subject matter experts to understand key technical concepts and translate these into an accessible format for the relevant audience.
- Determine the most appropriate mix of written and visual content to deliver clear and concise messaging.
- Apply and contribute to the evolution of the Electrum style guides.
- Apply usability best practices with an awareness of translation and inclusivity pitfalls
- Be familiar with single-sourcing and content reuse
- University degree (or equivalent) in a scientific, engineering, or information systems field.
- At least 2 years of experience creating technical content, or a postgraduate degree in a technical field.
- Formal technical writing training will be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex technical content in a clear and accessible style.
- Exceptional English writing skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Quick to understand technical concepts.
- Experience with multimedia content creation tools (text, diagrams, animations, video).
- Good working knowledge of one or more content management systems.
- Excellent working environment with a strong emphasis on good work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities within a fast growing company
- Access to internal training across company activities
- Access to external training opportunities in payments and the business environment
- Home office support including internet, computer hardware etc
- Participation and contribution to the company strategic planning process
- High level of autonomy with a discretionary budget to spend as you see fit
- Excellent but compulsory life and income protection insurance, you can choose your own medical aid
- Generous leave policy with extra leave over the festive season
- On site gym, bike parking, showers and towel service
- Family style cooked lunches, snacks and great coffee