The Technology Coordinator will join the existing Technology team team at WITNESS working alongside our Senior Technology Coordinator and under our Senior Manager of Technology, both based in New York USA.
This role will expand our Technology team beyond the US and into a timezone to better enable a global support service to WITNESS’ growing global team of more than 50 staff across more than 12 countries.
The role will take a lead on managing our IT support tickets and look to introduce more proactive support services to our staff.
We are looking for someone who can lead on troubleshooting technology issues with our remote staff, create training and documentation to help users grow their technology skills and to ensure they have access to supportive resources for self service troubleshooting.
Additionally, the role will also take a supportive role in technology procurement, and back end systems management.
General Help Desk Support
- Lead first line software tech support for the global teams, including responding and resolving general inquiries in a timely manner and support ticket management
- Oversee first line Mac/iOS support for the global teams, including troubleshooting hardware, software, and peripherals
- Create and maintain documentation, including FAQs and troubleshooting guides
- Review and suggest improvements to the IT support workflow and environment
Staff Onboarding and Offboarding Support
- Support new hire onboarding, including…
- Account setup and configuration of MDM profiles (Kandji)
- Company computer setup and configuration
- Company computer setup and configuration
- Support purchasing, procurement, and inventory management of company equipment
- Support coordination of IT orientation onboarding session for new hires
- Support NINJIO systems administration and setting security access levels
- Support digital security documentation creation and maintenance in Notion
- Play a role in ensuring we have a culture of digital security across all of WITNESS’ work
From time to time the role may require the completion of additional duties commensurate with the level of this position as needed and requested by your manager.
- Senior IT Manager (Supervisor)
- Senior IT Coordinator
- Knowledge Management & Ops Coordinator
- Digital Project Manager
- Senior Global People Partner
- Global People Specialist
- Director, People & Systems
- Operations Assistant
- All Staff!
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in IT,
- Ideally 1 year of experience supporting IT work in an international setting or a context providing a service to remote customers or team members
- Experience in a nonprofit setting preferred.
- Required:IT support service experienceKnowledge of supporting and managing MacsExperience with administration of Google / G Suite systemsDemonstrated experience providing technical support in a macOS environmentDemonstrated experience working in a helpdesk environmentDemonstrated ability to write clear, user-friendly documentationAn understanding of digital and cyber security principles Ability to communicate effectively across teams and provide technical support to all team membersProficiency in problem-solving and critical thinking
- IT support service experience
- Knowledge of supporting and managing Macs
- Experience with administration of Google / G Suite systems
- Demonstrated experience providing technical support in a macOS environment
- Demonstrated experience working in a helpdesk environment
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, user-friendly documentation
- An understanding of digital and cyber security principles
- Ability to communicate effectively across teams and provide technical support to all team members
- Proficiency in problem-solving and critical thinking
- PreferredExperience with DropboxExperience with SSO / SAML tools (Okta, OneLogin, or similar)Experience with security tools like Password managers (1Password, LastPass,) VPNs, and antivirus tools and systemsExperience with device management MDM tools (Kandji, Jamf)Experience with other tools, Notion, Zoom, Adobe, SalesforceExperience supporting web environments would be a bonus
- Experience with Dropbox
- Experience with SSO / SAML tools (Okta, OneLogin, or similar)
- Experience with security tools like Password managers (1Password, LastPass,) VPNs, and antivirus tools and systems
- Experience with device management MDM tools (Kandji, Jamf)
- Experience with other tools, Notion, Zoom, Adobe, Salesforce
- Experience supporting web environments would be a bonus
Interpersonal Skills & Global Culture: A passionate person with a proven ability to work across a global, diverse team. Sensitivity, kind, emotional maturity, and strong interpersonal skills.
Communication: Strong cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills to support a global staff. We are a global team who uses English as our shared language, as such this role requires a high proficiency of written and spoken English. Additional languages are a plus. Being a native speaker of English is not required.
Travel: There may occasionally be work travel or this role, attending departmental or All Team retreats.
Job Location: We are a globally distributed remote workforce and this key role will involve working with staff across our whole team, to help facilitate this, a candidate based around the regions of Europe or Western / Southern Africa will have the most crossover and collaborative time with the majority of staff and with this role’s key collaborators;
Ideally this means candidates will be between the timezones UTC/GMT-1 and UTC/GMT+2;
At this time, our team members are working through hybrid office arrangements, combining remote at-home work with intermittent use of offices and/or co-working spaces;
The successful candidate must have the legal right-to-work in the location in which they will be based.
Internet Connectivity: Having or having access to reliable internet connectivity is a requirement for this role. We can support the costs but there must be internet availability (or a commitment to work from an office).
- WITNESS operates a salary localization policy using a combination of regularly reviewed foreign exchange rates and location adjustment multipliers;
- Based on current rates, gross salaries for some of our current locations are given as an example: UK - GBP 50,500The Netherlands - EUR 45,750Nigeria - USD 52,250South Africa - ZAR 729,600
- UK - GBP 50,500
- The Netherlands - EUR 45,750
- Nigeria - USD 52,250
- South Africa - ZAR 729,600
- Note: Currency conversions of these salaries would not apply in different locations. If your location is not listed, and you are shortlisted we will be happy to confirm the local salary which will be applicable.
- WITNESS also offers competitive and robust medical benefits that cover an individual’s medical, dental and vision at 100% and covers a % of the individual’s dependents.
Life Insurance & AD&D:
- WITNESS provides life insurance and AD&D payable at one time (1x) the employee’s salary, to the beneficiary, in the event an employee were to expire while employed by the organization.
Remote Work Stipend:
- WITNESS recognizes that flexible working arrangements are key to equity and inclusion in the workplace and we provide a $175 USD monthly remote work allowance, we are happy to talk about the type of flexible arrangements that might work best for you. This remote work stipend is provided to all staff members to pay for extra equipment, electricity, stationery, internet, wellness, or whatever an employee deems necessary in order to work remotely. Please note that a computer and basic accessories are provided to all employees at the time of hire.
- After 1 year of service at the organization, WITNESS will contribute 3% of an individual's gross salary towards a global retirement fund.
Paid Time Off:
WITNESS has a range of paid time off types that support our staff.
- Vacation leave: that meets local statutory levels or 15 days whichever is higher, in addition to staff’s local public holidays.The vacation allowance increases by 5 days after 3 years of service.
- The vacation allowance increases by 5 days after 3 years of service.
- Personal / Wellness leave: 5 days staff can use at any time to recharge in recognition of the importance of supporting positive mental well being.
- End of Year closure: which usually is equivalent to a minimum of 5 days leave in addition to any public holidays across the last week of December and early January.
- Sick Leave: follows local statutory guidance however; WITNESS ensures a minimum of 10 days paid time off for occasional sickness and health related absences.A minimum of 6 weeks of full pay in instances of longer term absence.
- WITNESS ensures a minimum of 10 days paid time off for occasional sickness and health related absences.
- A minimum of 6 weeks of full pay in instances of longer term absence.
- Sabbatical Leave: At the 10 year mark we offer staff 10 weeks of paid time off in order to take a break, gain new insights and expand their horizons.
Work/ Life Balance:
- WITNESS believes in creating a healthy work environment in which flexible schedules are available, we also understand that sometimes an employee may just require a few hours to take care of personal issues in which case they can adjust their hours to make up for the time instead of taking a full day of leave. Both are allowable once agreed upon with the departmental supervisors.
Mental Health Policy:
- WITNESS feels that all employees should feel supported both physically as well as mentally while they are at work and realizes that many times the issues that we deal with, the materials that we watch and the events surrounding some of the work that we do, can lead to feeling “unwell” and not in a “good space”.
- Should a situation arise in which an Employee requests support on mental health, WITNESS will award (10) days of “WITNESS” paid leave.
- In support of the growth and development of our staff, WITNESS regularly seeks opportunities for professional development, exposure to new skills and supports a culture of learning.
- As part of this we offer staff Reading Days (1 day per month) where staff can take a day to read, study and connect more deeply with peers, partners and colleagues to further functional knowledge relevant to their role or deepen their general understanding and ability to support human rights work.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining the WITNESS team, please apply through BambooHR. You will need to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references.
In your cover letter, we are interested in hearing about what you’ve done, what you can do, and what you want to do at WITNESS. We specifically want to hear about your experience with the tools and systems we utilize in our day-to-day here (see the tools and systems we listed in this posting).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled; early applications encouraged. Please note that due to the volume anticipated, we will not be able to respond individually to each applicant. We kindly ask that you do not send duplicate applications via mail or email, and no phone calls.
WITNESS is a global human rights organization and aims to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the communities we work with. We are interested in building a talented team that brings their true selves with diverse backgrounds, cultures and perspectives. We are interested in receiving applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented.
WITNESS is an equal opportunity employer. People of all ages, races, ethnicities, national origins, religions, genders, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, and individuals protected by any other statuses under international federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to, disability, marital, domestic partnership, familial, caregiver, transgender, military or veteran statuses, are encouraged to apply.