Why work for us
We are looking to make a positive impact on students' lives by providing them with education for the future. Our company is based on 3 pillars:
Dream Why are you here? What do you want to experience? How do you want to contribute to others? These are the questions that guide the journeys of our students and the core team.
Evolve We challenge our team to be disciplined learners who continually evolve, step by step, day by day. At iX, it's OK to make mistakes—it's not OK to not learn from them.
Connect We believe what makes work ultimately rewarding are the people you share your time with. As a team, we dine, hike, surf, hit the gym, and travel the world together.
Your role as part of the iX Team
iXperience is looking for a UX Designer to improve our customer journey across our websites. We want someone who is passionate about creating seamless, delightful online experiences in a way that resonates with how Gen Z uses the internet and consumes media. The right candidate will always prefer to take an experimental, data-driven approach to their work, and trust data over opinions.
They will not be shy about reaching out to our community to get feedback on their wireframes and concepts, and using both quantitative and qualitative data to inform their work. They listen deeply to the human needs at the root of every problem, and solve for both the individual and the system, for both speed and scalability.
As part of the Tech team, you’ll report directly to the CTO.
On the job, the UX Designers will:
- Developing and updating customer profiles/personas so we stay in touch with the needs of our core customers.
- Improving conversion rates across our web journey, from website to program application to payment, in collaboration with our software development and marketing teams.
- Looking at both videos of user behaviour on our web platforms and quantitative heatmaps to identify bottlenecks and usability issues.
- Producing wireframes and prototypes in tools such as InVision or Figma that are on-brand, work across screen sizes, and can be easily implemented on the live site.
- Running UI and UX experiments to validate that changes are having a positive impact on data.
- Creating a UX process so that we can rapidly make changes to our customer journey or web experience as needed, without affecting the conversion rate.
Who are you:
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a UX related role.
- You can produce live prototypes using InVision, Figma, or a similar tool, or build web pages using Webflow.
- You have experience developing and maintaining personas that provide real insights into how to design a good customer experience.
- You know how to use both qualitative and quantitative data to validate the efficacy of your designs.
- You thrive in fast-moving, cross-functional environments where proactivity is necessary to achieve results.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and you'll help create our company's culture.
You’ll stand out if:
- You have experience developing websites using Webflow (webflow.com).
- You have specific experience working with our core target market: US students aged 16-24.
- You can work in Google Analytics, Hotjar, and other conversion tools with ease.
- You’re able to build dashboards that clearly visualize your data.
- You’re able to write compelling copy that fits in your layouts.
- You can implement interaction designs using After Effects, Lottie, or custom animations.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our programs say great things about us.
- We have a hybrid working model, meaning we have an office and balance an in-office and remote working schedule each week.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by prolific names in the South African investing world – read more about our investment here and vision here.
Why you might not be excited about us:
- We are a young company with about 30 people and growing fast, and as a rapidly growing startup, there is a likelihood that projects and priorities would shift, so if too much change isn't your thing, this may not be the right place for you.
- Everyone on the team is mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty vision, so we'd prefer you to be comfortable with just a dash of chaos, sprinkled with that dose of purpose.