UX/UI Design Intern
- Company: Kandua
- Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Internship length: 6 months
- Internship start date: ASAP
Kandua is a fintech startup looking for eager interns to support our growing business needs for 2021. Our flagship product, Kandua.com, is South Africa’s largest online home services marketplace. A seamlessly designed platform, that connects great home service providers to the people who need them, powered by pioneering technology and a passionate, talented team.
As an intern, you will be working closely with a Senior member of the Kandua team, as well as other colleagues who will provide you with real hands-on projects and daily tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with your supervisor to make upgrades to user journeys exquisitely managed and kept up to-date
- Work closely with your supervisor to make sure all user facing features are well instrumented before they go into production with appropriate wireframes and copy
- Aid in developing an ongoing "institutional brain" around principles for designing for our relevant stakeholders
- Design using tools, incl but not limited to, for: Wireframing - like Balsamiq; Prototyping - like Figma; Mapping - like Miro; High-def UI design - like Photoshop; Presenting - like PowerPoint
- Research using processes (e.g. Service Design, Journey Mapping, Empathy Mapping, User research, Usability testing etc), but ultimately the flexibility and desire to be useful - whatever it takes
- Solve problems by using your ability to switch rapidly between different ones(especially with people in disparate environments)
- Maintain high standards, without being a perfectionist. You can make sensible compromises and assumptions
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience working with UX Design tools
- Experience in using UX Design best practices to design solutions, and an understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience of user centred design principles and practices.
- Interaction design, creating wireframes, user workflows, and prototypes
- Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- Willing to learn about - Wireframing - like Balsamiq; Prototyping - like Figma; Mapping - like Miro; High-def UI design - like Photoshop; Presenting - like PowerPoint
- Strong English, written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills, detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and to be supervised remotely (have a laptop and a quiet space to work when needed)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills and detail orientated
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Experience working with a team