Title: Agricultural Associate
Location: Bamako, Mali
Reports to: Agriculture Manager
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
We operate in a part of the world already experiencing the harsh consequences of climate change, and our farmers are among the most vulnerable populations. You will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing various agricultural programs and projects. With a comprehensive understanding of agricultural practices, you will provide technical support to farmers, agricultural cooperatives, and other stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
- Work with agricultural research team, training office, and field team to develop effective and impactful trainings that put best practices in the hands of farmers.
- Follow up to assure that best practices are being taught effectively in the field and respond quickly to push and reinforce information in the communication chain. Collaborate with M&E team to set up comprehensive field follow-up and rapid-reporting through mobile reporting.
- Work with training team, logistics, and field staff to execute hands-on and effective training.
- Manage a team of trainers and field agents.
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, agronomy, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience working in agriculture, with experience in project management, agricultural extension, or technical assistance, is required.
- Strong understanding of sustainable agriculture practices and experience working with smallholder farmers and/or agricultural cooperatives.
- Excellent project management skills in rural areas
- Fluency in French and English.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!