Our development team is looking for a Back End Developer to join us in Nairobi, Kenya.
As a Back End Developer you’ll take part in the design and development of software for the current and next generation of our E-commerce and internal operations systems.
In this role, you’ll be developing highly complex applications with a team goal of streamlining business operations and improving overall user experience.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong desire to increase efficiencies, and make an impact while contributing to a cross-functional team. And must have the ability to creatively collaborate and execute team goals.
You’ll be challenged to design security focused apps with a prioritization on availability and scalability.
- Optimize our APIs
- Document our APIs using OpenAPI (Swagger).
- Code refactoring and optimization.
- Perform overall system health checks.
- Define deployment best practices
- Strengthen our authentication.
- Design new cloud backend Infrastructure.
- Database optimization and administration
- Implement CI/CD best practices (Github Actions)
- Implement new features using a microservice architecture.
- Implement message queuing services (RabbitMq, etc)
- Third party system integrations and payment gateways. (Paypal, Google Maps)
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- Advanced Knowledge of PHP and Laravel Framework
- Strong software design and development skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Microservice architecture patterns
- API development and design
- Comfortable with data structures and algorithms
- Strong understanding of Git version control, and best practices.
- Experience using collaboration tools (JIRA, Slack, Google Drive)
- Mysql and Database management and design
- Knowledge of Node js and Python
- Linux administration and server configuration
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Automated testing.
- Containerization & orchestration (Docker, AWS ECS)
- Cloud deployments (AWS)
- Knowledge of process automation techniques
- Knowledge of caching techniques
- Knowledge of infrastructure configuration tools (Terraform, Ansible)
- Knowledge of popular third party services
- Authentication (AWS Cognito/Auth0, Social Login)
- Payments (M-Pesa, Stripe, Paypal), PCI Compliance
- Google (Maps, Captcha, other various Google Cloud services)
- Skills developing packages and tools for internal use (like CLIs for scaffolding repos, etc)