We started in South Africa, in ’91. Back then, change was coming. Along with its challenges came the chance to invest in a better future. Our journey through that time taught us to recognise and embrace change and uncertainty. Change taught us to be bold. Resilient. Agile.
To believe that active investing can be a force for good.
Today, we manage R2,566 trillion for our clients globally. We still see the world from a different perspective. Whether it is the rise of the East or the rise of the machines, we’ll always seek to make the best of it. Best for our clients, best for our company, and the best for the world we live in. We are investing for a world of change.
We began as Investec Asset Management, a small start-up based in South Africa offering domestic investment strategies. In 2020, almost three decades of growth later, we de-merged from Investec Group to become Ninety One, an independent asset manager listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
While our name may have changed, we’re still the same firm. We offer distinctive investment strategies spanning equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and sustainability to help institutional investors, those advising others and individuals navigate an ever-changing world. All of our employees have the opportunity to own part of the firm. We also have our founding leadership in place. Our distinctive owner culture allows us to commit to building a long-term, inter-generational business. It supports a business fully aligned with our clients’ long-term investment objectives.
*as at 30 September 2020
Ninety One is an equal opportunities employer. Our imperative is to attract and retain the best talent by providing a corporate environment where people from varying backgrounds can develop professionally and build a rewarding career.
Provide a first point of contact to the business to enable efficient and effective restoration of incidents and requests for service (not requiring a desktop touch).
Responsibilities include initial assessment, prioritization, triage and resolution of incidents and requests regarding the use of business application software products and/or user technology components.
Collect information to users via phone, email or skype and follow procedures to resolve or transfer.
Monitor application batch processing, respond to core incidents and communicate system availability.
Escalate advanced or long-running cases to higher-level IT support specialists if unable to resolve
- Provide first line support to multiple teams across multiple locations, not restricted to IT, with a specialization in application software and hardware.
- Field incoming help requests received from end users, either via email, skype, walkup or over the phone; accurately logs all incidents and requests; resolve via remote access or agreed process; engage other service desk resources to resolve incidents; escalate or transfer to specialized support staff for all out of scope cases.
- Understand and support the data architecture as it relates to data sourced from 3rd parties and internal systems, as well as data required for business applications
- Provide clear communication and instruction to users on IT related issues
- Resolve incidents within Operations Level Agreement (OLA) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframes.
- Monitor application batch processing, respond to core incidents and communicate system availability.
- Install and configure computer software and hardware via remote tools.
- Perform user administration tasks such as password resets, user setup, adding or removing users to a distribution list on active directory and basic troubleshooting.
- Escalate advanced cases to higher-level IT support specialists and experts if unable to resolve an issue.
- Execute queries and scripts (particularly in SQL) to perform simple troubleshooting and use logical reasoning with a systematic series of steps to identify the root causes of incidents.
- Liaise with data providers and vendors to ensure delivery of files and service that impact business applications and data.
- Maintain a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a professional attitude
- Maintain the technical knowledge base by creating, editing and publishing “How To” guides for future use.
- Provide after hours and on call support when needed.
- Adhere to support standards, policies and procedures.
- Share knowledge, ideas and best practices with other team members.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality with regards to all aspects of caller information.
- Assist IT delivery into production through limited testing of business applications and processes.
- Educate and encourage users to make use of self service and automation tools
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree educated (Relevant tertiary qualification)
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in querying data and establishing data anomalies.
- Understanding of investment management processes, terminology, systems and related instruments is advantageous.
- Proven interest in Technology
- Experience working within a support environment is advantageous
- Installation and configuration of PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Phones, Printers
- ITIL Foundation v3 qualified (desirable)
- Microsoft Technologies, including Active Directory, Office, SQL
- User devices
- Software deployment, Altiris Deployment Server 6.9 or Microsoft SCCM
- Service Now (or other relevant ITSM toolset) desirable
- Business applications, including Front Office systems, CRM and reporting advantageous
Risk and Compliance Responsibilities
- Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, market abuse, etc.
- Ensuring Compliance training, declarations and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis
- Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected
- Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues.
- Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime such as market abuse