Founded in 2015, JUMO’s mission is to empower emerging market entrepreneurs with financial choices. It has been an exciting and challenging journey, with many achievements and setbacks. At times, we have had to make difficult decisions, most recently this has been to focus on delivering a strong, lean operating model that builds on our clear successes and reduces our exposure in untested markets.
At JUMO we believe that we have the opportunity in our lifetime to connect every entrepreneur to the financial products they need to grow and prosper. We need exceptional people in key roles to make that happen. Joining JUMO requires boldness, resilience, and innovation. You will need to embrace change and operate comfortably in uncharted territory.
As Chief of Staff you will be supporting the management of operations, preparing strategic analyses, and overseeing key strategic initiatives. You will be based in Cape Town, South Africa and will report to the Chief Executive // Growth & New Markets (GNM).
In this role, you’ll
- Provide tactical support to ensure the smooth operations of the Growth and New Markets department which will include putting together presentations for key strategic meetings and forums with internal stakeholders, Board members and Investors as well as minute-taking and driving the completion of agreed action items.
- Coordinate teams and working groups cross functionally to ensure the timely completion of decks and the dissemination of information to move operations forward
- Drive and coordinate strategic initiatives cross functionally
- Be the point person for onboarding and guiding new joiners through the GNM processes, practices and governance frameworks
- Develop elements of GNMs operational strategy with the CEO // GNM
- Structure and inform executive decision-making, including producing ad-hoc analyses and quantitative models to support key decisions
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint and comfort in designing and executing quantitative analyses
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years’ experience within management consulting, or other related backgrounds
Things you’ll love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.