Who we are
At Okra, we are building the tool that will usher in the 5th generation of FinTech in Africa. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without the right infrastructure (data). Essentially, how far the African Fintech industry can grow is intrinsically tied with the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. You will help define and tell the story of Okra’s products and connect our API and payment platform to new users. Okra’s API and payment infrastructure powers businesses of all sizes. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs. A broad audience interacts with Okra and relies on our API and payments platform to build and grow companies of all types.
We’re looking for a Content Marketer who can help us tell the story of how Okra’s products enable businesses to build the tools to create digital experiences for the internet economy. You’ll define our content strategy for our products and build a program that reaches technology decision makers in businesses of all sorts, around the world.
You’ll work closely with the Core Product team to identify new products, features, and unique capabilities of our platform to feature in content campaigns.
- Guide the development of a product-focused content marketing program. This will include partnering with experts—within Okra and beyond—to create a content calendar and editorial plan for materials like blog posts, long form guides, whitepapers and more.
- Research, write and edit content for our owned channels, working closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, Business Development, design, communications, and more—to identify compelling stories and create content.
- Partner with the Business Development team to set goals for content engagement and identify opportunities to amplify and syndicate our content.
- Think globally as we work to expand our solutions around the world, building a content strategy that is inclusive and scalable.
What you’ll need:
- A love for writing and distilling technical concepts into clear and engaging written materials
- Understanding that content goes past what is written, and an excitement to tell our product and brand story through different mediums.
- Deep empathy for users and the ability to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Okra.
- 3+ years of direct, growth-focused experience in digital marketing, consumer tech and startup experience preferred.
- Experience building a comprehensive digital marketing strategy from the ground up.
- Proven success managing online marketing programs with CPC, CPA and CPM cost models on Google, Facebook, Instagram, and content sites.
- A thorough understanding of various online and offline marketing funnels.
- Experience implementing organic acquisition strategies, including SEO.
- A strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
- The ability to partner with domain experts across the company to gather insights about our capabilities, the industry, and competitive trends, and distill them into compelling content.
- An eagerness to learn about how things work and an ability to explain technical concepts in ways that are accessible to all readers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.