What you’ll do
● Work with the Marketing Team to create SnapScan’s content strategy.
● Write copy for social media, website, paid advertising, and email campaigns.
● Create long-form content for the SnapScan Blog.
● Edit other team members’ blog articles, and review copy written by others.
● Work on SnapScan’s community building activities to increase engagement with small businesses.
● Help conceptualize SnapScan’s educational content to increase engagement.
● Assist with go-to-market strategies for SnapScan’s new products and features.
● Be a brand ambassador with a thorough understanding of the SnapScan app and merchant offering.
● Work on SnapScan’s email marketing strategies (experience with Mandrill or Mailchimp is a bonus here).
● Maintain consistency across SnapScan’s channels, honouring and developing the Brand Voice.
● Schedule and manage SnapScan’s content schedule on a variety of channels.
● Take the SnapScan Blog to the next level.
Who you are
This role requires a unique set of skills and attributes. All people are different, but we believe that if the
following describes you, you will be well suited for this position:
● All round wordsmith with skills in conceptual and technical copywriting, while being comfortable with
long-form content as well as short punchy copy that sells.
● 2 years in a copywriting or content writing role.
● Sophisticated knowledge of SEO and content research
● Obsessed with finding and telling stories.
● Relevant background or tertiary degree.
● An eye for detail with exceptional grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
● Passion for technology and marketing.
● Keep up to date with new tools, trends, and best practices.
● Empathy for our customers.
● Enthusiasm to understand customer needs and problems, and then deliver
solutions based on these insights.
● Interested in small businesses and making their lives easier.
● Comfortable communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
● Curious and hungry to learn new skills and constantly improve.
● Team player, but also comfortable managing your own time and setting personal
● Kind, honest, and motivated.