Country Manager represents the company externally with local partners, influencers and national leaders in support of the company’s strategy to compete in the new Cloud era with Trust as a key differentiator. Executes the country’s portfolio in alignment with global and subsidiary strategy across all customer segments (mainly Enterprise - but also Commercial and Public Sector, Microsoft Consulting Services, Small Medium & Corporate (SMC)). This includes partnering with the leadership team to meet/exceed core financial, consumption and customer satisfaction accountabilities in the country while growing market share, customer acquisition and other balanced scorecard targets across Microsoft’s Cloud and device portfolio, ensuring the country runs in a ‘One Microsoft’ fashion.
The country leader exemplifies Microsoft’s Leadership Principles in being able to Creates Clarity, Generates Energy and Deliver Success and is adept at communicating the vision and shaping culture including creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self to work. This position will interface with the Area Head Quarter business groups, area leadership across Microsoft and across the company more broadly by contributing to Microsoft’s strategy and representing market conditions and the commercial environment in country. The country leader acts as an ambassador for Microsoft in a given country, focused on corporate citizenship and building brand equity.
Accountable and empowered to build Microsoft’s business in a given Area with focus on:
- Digital Transformation Growth - operates at the intersection of technology and business - creates a culture that accelerates growth & enables business transformation through technology, DT engagements and partnerships with CxO’s/BDMs/Government Leaders.
- Leadership at Scale - scales organizational capability, actively orchestrates and operationalizes change to meet the dynamic needs of customers, partners, and ecosystem.
- Ethical Leadership - ensures Microsoft's standards of business conduct are embedded into and aligned to the Microsoft mission in all aspects of engagement with customers, partners, employees, governments, etc.
- Country Ambassador: Credible MS ambassador for the country. Builds relationships in the market/industry to effectively partner with executive suite of the customer, governments, partners and boards.
- Repeatedly deliver, sustain, and exceed growth performance goals - through execution of a balanced enterprise growth plan and contributes to the Commercial and Public Sector, Microsoft Consulting Services, Small Medium & Corporate (SMC)
- Grow existing customers and drive strong new customer acquisition motions across all Solution Areas - ensure strong execution focus across all business levers and segment
- Drive strong compete and market share growth focus that is aligned to our desired compete culture of transparency, One Microsoft, speed & agility, readiness/learning and passion to win.
- Contributes to fostering a subsidiary and country team climate that lives the Microsoft values of Respect, Integrity & Accountability and enables diverse and inclusive perspectives, establishes high standards of performance and a climate of mutual accountability.
- Deliver/Exceed Financial, Consumption and Customer Satisfaction targets
- Deliver/Exceed Scorecard targets
- Be a leader in driving customer digital transformation at scale
- Accelerate the Microsoft cultural transformation
- Improve competitive position
- Bring operational excellence
- Make Microsoft the best place to work
- Ongoing legacy of leaving Microsoft better for the future
An impressive track record of results-oriented leadership success within a large, complex, fast-paced and highly matrixed environment across the disciplines of sales, marketing and services preferably within the software (or related technology) industry or from technology solutions driven environments and industries under strong digital transformation.
- Strong track record as a people leader managing a large, diverse, and distributed team, including senior managers and a DNA of developing high performing teams, effectively balancing managing the present with transforming for the future
- Passionate about and having depth in technology
- Executive Confidence - the ability to be decisive and articulate strategies and plans with confidence
- Customer centric, understanding of current trends of digital transformation. Ability to articulate a clear vision and mobilize teams.
- Demonstrated, either direct experience or great awareness of working within the specific area, with a thorough knowledge of the external landscape and regulatory environment, including relevant socio-economic and political factors, market dynamics
- Fluent English mandatory
Strong education and professional qualifications, MBA or equivalent relevant experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.