Customer Acquisition Associate
Role based in Mombasa, Kenya
Start date: ASAP
Who we are:
Water is the foundation for quality of life.
Powwater’s mission is to empower the world through sustainable safe drinking water. The transparency that comes with the water testing we do gives consumers the power to choose high quality and affordable water because after all water is life!
At the click of a button, you will be able to order and enjoy high quality water at affordable prices delivered fast and direct to your doorstep. Currently based in Mombasa, we are a venture funded organization that is already having a great impact on communities across the world.
Powwater is looking for a Customer Acquisition Associate to lead the efforts in Mombasa, Kenya. The ideal candidate will have both strong marketing and customer acquisition experience and a start-up mentality. You will work closely with the senior management of the company and will play a critical role in shaping the company’s future.
- Drive sales through customer engagement, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow Powwater’s brand awareness both online and offline to enhance Powwater’s presence and appeal within the city.
- Forecasting sales, developing “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluating their effectiveness
- Evaluate and anticipate customers needs and build productive long lasting relationships
- Maintain and expand client databases within your assigned territory.
- Monitor competition within assigned region
- Design and develop customer growth activities to improve acquisition, retention and loyalty specifically:-
- On Ground activations, events and tradeshows
- Door to door sales
- Business to business sales
- PR & influencer marketing
- Have a teachable can-do attitude
- Have at least 3 years professional experience, with strong knowledge on sales and marketing.
- Be a great story teller, communicator, public speaker and can negotiate your way out of a heist
- Always be discovering and prospecting with an ever growing list of leads.
- Proven analytical, business planning, and management skills - exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- Have a commercial mindset, be able to analyse data and marketing analytics to make informed business decisions and to report on the effectiveness and efficiency of growth drivers
- Be that guy - you know who the users are, where it's happening and how to get our app in their hands.
- Be a passionate believer in our mission to empower the world through sustainable safe drinking water in Kenya and the world - living the Powwater values, represent the company in everything you do.
- Solid academic performance.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work in our dynamic and fast-paced team.
- Competitive base salary based on experience and the opportunity to earn as much as you want to based on commissions