The Data Engineer builds robust, fault-tolerant data pipelines that cleans, transforms, and aggregates unorganized and messy data into databases or data sources. Instead of data analysis, the Data Engineer is responsible for compiling and installing database systems, writing complex queries, and scaling to multiple machines. In this role, the Data engineer essentially lays the groundwork for a data analyst or data scientist to easily retrieve the needed data for their evaluations and experiments. The ideal candidate is typically a software engineer by trade.
- Architect, implement and deploy data solutions and pipelines
- Implement best practice patterns
- Engage with key stakeholders and take ownership of deliverables.
- Understand business problems and propose technical solutions
- Automate solutions and improve overall productivity and resource availability
Qualifications and Requirements
- Min 2 years’ experience in Cloud architecture (Azure specifically)
- Strong background in Data Engineering, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and SQL
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and Fact - Dimensional Data Modeling using Star and Snow Flake Schema
- 4+ more years’ experience in developing ETL workflows using SSIS
- Expertise in MSBI technologies – (PowerBI, SSAS, etc.)
- Hands on expertise in Visual Studio - SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools)
- Familiar with workflow optimization techniques to improve ETL processing
- Great at solving problems; debugging; troubleshooting; and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, prototype and propose solutions
Good to have:
- Hand on experience in Fact - Dimensional Data Modeling using Star and Snow Flake Schema.
- Hands on experience in Azure Data Factory (Creating Pipelines, loading and moving data)
- Knowledge of Oilfield terminology and business practices
- Scripting hands on experience in .Net technologies using C# / Visual Basic
- Understanding of big data platforms such as Hadoop, Google cloud etc.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT
- Experienced in working on Agile operation process including various tools (Code review, unit test automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management)
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Highly collaborative work style
- Strong listening and communications skills
- Presenting & communicating information
- Result and quality focused
Location: Lagos, Nigeria