Title: Development Relationship Manager
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
Development Relationship Manager
myAgro is seeking two Development Relationship Managers who are enthusiastic self-starters responsible for organizing and driving myAgro’s fundraising. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer and working with the Development team, the Development Relationship Managers will steward a portfolio of foundation and corporate partnerships while also looking for funding from new sources. The Development Relationship Managers will research new funding opportunities; submit letters of interest, applications, proposals, and reports; coordinate meetings and presentations with funders and team members; maintain alignment with myAgro’s finance and programs departments; and serve as a primary contact for main funding relationships. Teamwork is important to the success of this position, working collaboratively to drive giving that supports myAgro’s mission, programs, and fundraising goals.
Development Team Vision
The Development Team ensures myAgro has the resources to implement its ambitious North Star of serving 1 million farmers by 2026. To do this, we are connected to each other, other teams, the field, and donors. We are productive to ensure we meet our fundraising goals. We approach challenges with a solutions mindset and collaborative spirit. We use our heads and hearts when talking about our work with others.
- Develop and implement annual and long-term fundraising strategies in collaboration with Chief Development Officer and CEO.
- Research grant makers and maintain up-to-date database of potential funding sources.
- Write letters of inquiry and grant proposals to corporate and foundation funders.
- Research potential major gift donors and manage solicitation efforts.
- Work with Chief Development Officer and other development team members to maintain relationships with donors and grant makers.
- Develop donor stewardship and communications materials, including reports and appeals.
- Manage incoming donations; maintain donor database in Raiser’s Edge.
- Present compelling proposals and presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Manage grant reporting process.
- Collaborate with team members to maintain agreement on project budgets, targets, and outcomes.
- 3+ years working in fundraising or in a nonprofit setting;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to proofread and draft high-quality documents;
- Organized, reliable, and able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Held a position that required project management and working with confidential information;
- Experience building a portfolio of funders;
- Donor database management skills (preferably Raiser's Edge);
- Experience working collaboratively with a team;Fluency in written and spoken English; other language proficiencies welcomed, and French is a plus;
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Co-working Space stipend
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.