As DevOps Engineer at Aggreko you will support our development team with your knowledge and experience by managing the development and production environment. Together with the DevOps team you will improve the deployment automation infrastructure and configuration management of the application infrastructure. You will support the test team to ease the roundtrip of test and development. And with your solutions the deployment of new releases is completely automated and validated.
The required skills are as follows:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of configuration management concepts and write scripts and automation using Ansible/Python/Java/Bash.
- Expertise creating continuous integration servers with tools like Jenkins and creating/maintaining production quality Docker images.
- Sound knowledge of docker and orchestration tools e.g Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring of IT infrastructure and application e.g Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, Fluentd or similar tools.
- Strong background in Linux administration.
- You worked before in agile teams and have some understanding of Kanban and/or Scrum processes.
Nice to have
- Experience operating Timescaledb.
- Network management and configuration, firewall, DMZs, VPN.
- Responsible for reliability, availability and security of our infrastructure by continuously improving.
- You will be a part of a fast moving team in a growing and constantly evolving production environment.
- You will troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network
- working with software developers and test engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’.
- You will help maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Working with Infosec teams and Product Owners to architect, design and providing implementation patterns of security controls throughout solution delivery lifecycle.
- University Degree / Specialized Diploma in Computer Science / Information Technology.
- 3 years work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.