We're looking for a talented DevOps engineer to help us build out our customers' products and solutions on Google Cloud Platform. The role is not just about being able to write the code, but also being able to architect, integrate and institute best practices to the DevOps competency at DotModus
We value a DevOps Engineer as someone who helps us build our customer products and solutions on any cloud platform.
We’re not only looking for someone to do the work. We’re looking for someone who can provide technical leadership for the team. Someone who knows and who will advocate for best DevOps practices, ideas and successes with other product delivery teams. The technologies which will be most advantageous would include systems design, networking, data storage, security, artificial intelligence, container orchestration and most importantly automation.
We’re looking for someone that has the technical expertise, someone who can get their hands dirty to design, test, deploy and maintain DevOps solutions, but also someone who can lead and mentor a team
- Collaborate with other Leads in Data Engineering (Lead Architect, Lead Automation Tester) and other Technology functions to deliver secure, reliable, robust, scalable solutions which can be built, tested and deployed through the Route to Live and into Production using continuous integration / deployment.
- Allocate your team’s workload and manage the expectations of key stakeholders.
- Responsible for detailed design and oversight in the team deliverables.
- Identify and implement DevOps engineering best practices in conjunction with your peers, both within Data Engineering and Technology as a whole
- Ensure the use of continuous delivery pipelines and tools to fully automate deployment, testing, delivery, and management of development, QA and production systems on a variety of cloud platforms
- Troubleshoot and take ownership of issues in our development, test and production environments. Including performance optimization and continuous tuning
- Continuous learning and evaluation of the latest approaches, tools, and technologies
- An individual thinker, not afraid to think outside of the box and to challenge preconceived ideas.
- Self-starter and disciplined to take ownership of critical areas for continuous improvement.
- Proven experience managing DevOps teams and mentoring engineers
- A passionate advocate of continuous deployment
- Industry experience working with Big Data platforms
- Knowledge of microservice architecture
- Ability to quickly learn and apply emerging techniques, frameworks, and platforms
- Working experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes an advantage
- Good communication and collaboration skills
Technical Skills Required
- Must be from a UNIX / Linux background
- Understanding of protocols and how they work. (TCP/UDP/gRPC)
- Experience in message bus (Preferably Kafka)
- Expert knowledge in container management technologies (emphasis on Kubernetes)
- Expert knowledge of continuous integration and automated testing
- Expert in configuration management tooling (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience in one of more popular CI platforms (e.g. Github Action,Jenkins,Bamboo, or Travis) required.
- Experience with Helm package manager required
- Strong experience in at least one major cloud platform required
- Experience with Draft and Brigade an advantage
- Expert knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform required)
- Good understanding of PKI required
- Expert scripting skills required (bash/sh/ksh)
- Experience in advanced monitoring models. (Prometheus an advantage)
- Experience in using and manipulating API’s, API documentation. (Swagger, Postman) an advantage.
- Distributed logging frameworks. (Greylog, rsyslog, logstash).
- Visualization experience advantage (ELK, Grafana, Splunk).
- RHCE an advantage