Who we are?
Modus Capital is an early to mid-stage ecosystem development fund that focuses on entrepreneurial ecosystem development in frontier markets by connecting them with developed markets providing cross border deal-flow, capital flows, and knowledge transfer. Our focus is the creation of new technologies to alleviate consumer and business pain points and the application of technology value-added for small-to-medium enterprises. Modus’ expertise lies in growing businesses by providing holistic operational support - something that we have developed, executed, and mastered over the past 5 years.
- Create and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Help resolve issues in production, test, and dev environments
- Test our systems and processes
- Play a critical role in building systems to manage and automate servers.
- Help the development team with tools and services to enhance productivity
- A minimum of seven years of DevOps/Systems administrator or equivalent distributed systems development experience; preferably in a cloud hosted environment.
- Experience in implementing production infrastructures and applications.
- Basic understanding of cloud native container technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Docker experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, and Puppet is preferred
- Basic software development skills/experience; scripting experience is preferred with a proficiency in Unix/Linux environments.
- Design and develop continuous CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Gitlab, Bitbucket is preferred.
- Strong understanding of networking, identity management, monitoring, logging, vulnerability management, and concepts; depth of understanding with security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI) with knowledge of IT operating models and processes and experience hardening infrastructures & systems and developing highly available & scalable systems is a plus
- Capability to work with other technical team members to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve technical problems.
- Experience in working in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, proactive, sense of ownership and detail-oriented.
What we offer?
- You would work with a partially remote team of different nationalities on products in multiple industries, different countries and at various stages.
- Awesome work environment.
- Unlimited vacations.
- Quarterly bonuses based on meeting certain milestones.
- Annual professional development budget focused on your continuous learning and growth with us.
- Work from home policy.
- Social and family medical insurance.
Note: We currently work from home due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.