ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Are you passionate about universal healthcare access and believe in technology as a means of leapfrogging today’s healthcare challenges? Do you gain energy by collaborating with others and thrive in highly complex environments with stakeholders from all kinds of backgrounds? Do you spend most of your time thinking about how policy, the private and public sector can be leveraged to bring innovation and economic growth to the East African sub-region? Zipline is rapidly expanding our revolutionary life-saving drone delivery footprint in East Africa, following the success and continued growth of the business across the globe. We are looking for an elite Sales Lead to join our Africa team as our first hire dedicated to Health Systems Sales in East Africa.Zipline believes access to medical care should not depend on your GPS coordinates. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies on 3 continents around the world right now, 7 days a week. Are you interested in working with a team to build a system that 200 million people will depend on with their lives?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive an effective enterprise sales process: source to close to attain/exceed your sales targets for countries within East Africa
- Effectively articulate the benefits of Zipline’s solution to prospective customers
- Actively prospect to develop qualified leads and opportunities.
- Rigorously work with our pre-sales team to qualify opportunities
- Work with cross functional teams to gain deeper understanding of Zipline’s buyer and stakeholder personas
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships within East Africa
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Substantive experience with the planning, execution and management of a complex solution sales process--ideally within the pharmaceutical, diagnostic or supply chain sectors in East Africa
- Collaborative approach to sales that includes working with multiple groups both internally and externally
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills that build confidence and credibility
- Demonstrated ability to drive stakeholder mapping, develop relationships with business stakeholders, and maintain a network of relationships to promote partnerships
- Inherent self-sufficiency, flexibility and confidence, with a preference for autonomously owning activities that drive revenue
- Advanced strategic and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple large ($1M+), complex sales opportunities simultaneously
- Innate passion for seeking depth and complete understanding in an account and market
- History of establishing high revenue, multi-year business plans and roadmaps for large-scale implementations
- Exceptional ability to analyze customers’ business situations from multiple viewpoints to identify gaps/opportunities, and align proposed solutions with the customer’s strategy and goals
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!