ABOUT THE JOB
The mission of the Full Stack Developer job is To build amazing applications for both internal and external customers.The goals of the Full Stack Developer job is to design, create and build tech that will serve the needs of all the organization’s stakeholders.
The main activities of this role will be:-
- To design and develop software applications
- To perform technical design reviews and code reviews
- To be responsible for prototyping, developing, and troubleshooting software
- To perform peer reviews on source code to ensure reuse, scalability, and the use of best practices
- To participate in collaborative technical discussions that focus on software user experience, design, architecture, and development
JOB SKILLS, MINDSETS & BACKGROUND
- You have 8+ years of strong hands-on background in developing scalable applications
- You are proficient in Front end technologies like AngularJS/React, JSON
- You have proficiency in server-side languages such as .NET Core, C#.
- You have extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for highly responsive applications.
- You have strong experience in Responsive design, cross-browser web applications
- You have experience with Cloud services, including AWS, GCP, and Azure
- You are familiar with Interfaces such as REST web services, swagger profiles, JSON payloads.
- You are familiar with dev-ops such as Git / Jira / Confluence
- You have experience with microservice architecture
- You are perfectionist who embraces failure.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF...
- Humanity Centered: You believe in humanity’s ability to self-improve, and are passionate about leveraging technology to solve human-centric problems
- Impact Creation Mindset: You seek to create lasting impact by solving problems that address systemic growth challenges
- Accountability: You have an “owner’s approach” to be able to deliver on minimal supervision
- Think Big: You think in terms of “Big Hairy Audacious Goals”, building technology systems, processes and teams that are envisioned to solve problems along decades-long horizons
- Strategic Planning: You enjoy bringing structure, order, and focus of execution and build quantifiable roadmaps for visionary outcomes that may take a generation or more to realize
- Emergent Leadership: You enjoy working collaboratively with experts from diverse backgrounds while driving for excellence and instilling a “data first” mindset
YOU WILL THRIVE AT ALX & THE ROOM IF...
- Courage & Initiative: You have an owners’ approach to deliver on our plans & ideas and the entrepreneurial mindset to take risks and embrace failure
- Humility & Adaptability: You have a beginners’ mindset and always seek to learn and you are flexible and embrace pivoting
- Possibility & Adventure: You are passionate about life and have a growth mindset, focusing on the solutions to drive scale and achieve ambitious goals
- Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Emergent leadership & Emotional Intelligence: You are self-aware and can manage your emotions and you have an empathic, collaborative approach to leadership and love working with others
OUR EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION
ALX & THE ROOM’S EMPLOYEE VALUE
- Purpose: You want to add meaning to your life by joining the movement that is transforming Africa, and the world, and experience your personal impact
- Culture: You want to join a Fun and Flexible (remote friendly!) and Fearless work environment that empowers employees to be bold and disruptive
- Growth: You want to be part of a world-class team from around the planet and create a career within the organization with vertical and lateral opportunities