We are looking for a passionate, experienced and open-minded software engineer to work on expanding and maintaining our current system’s ability to continue to deliver excellent customer service and be a pioneer in our market.
Regarding your qualifications - we realize there is always a specific technology and language you specialize in but we expect you to be comfortable dealing with both the backend and frontend components of our system.
At Orderin, we combine development and devops - we expect you to get your hands dirty, automating everything that can be automated and getting features through their lifecycle faster.
Considering the diverse and exciting things happening in our industry and the increasing expectations of our customers, we do our best to keep you busy with things you are really interested in and that will further your career.
What you will be doing
- Delivering our product feature roadmap
- Constantly improving and refactoring our current system to be able to operate flawlessly and meet the modern business needs
- Taking full ownership of the features you are working on - from design time to supporting in production
- Designing and preparing technical planning discussions for the future
- Do regular code reviews and promote best practices
- Influence architecture and infrastructure as well as UI/UX decisions
Requirements and qualifications
- Design: thinking in object oriented way and aware of Domain Driven Design
- Implementation: you should be able to write readable and maintainable code following SOLID principles
- Quality assurance: being able to write fast and pragmatic tests, and understand the purpose and the difference between different types of testing
- Delivery: understanding branching strategies and continuous delivery cycles
- Communication skills: we believe that the best decisions come out of great minds collaborating, so you should be able and open to communicate and discuss your technical work and design decisions with the rest of the team
- Continuous improvement: we constantly take a couple steps back to review what we could do better and we try to keep the balance between the ongoing feature work and technological innovation
Our technology stack
- ASP.NET MVC
- .NET Classic / .NET Core 2.0 / .NET Core 3.1
- MS SQL Server / Postgres
- React JS, JSX, SCSS + Webpack / npm
- Amazon Web Services
Optional and beneficial additions
- eCommerce experience is a bonus
- Cloud (Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure) experience is a bonus
- Experience with other, non-Microsoft platforms and languages is a bonus
- DevOps and Docker experience is a bonus