Zando was founded in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially to become South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando forms part of the Jumia Group, the leading e-commerce platform in Africa. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa and offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Zando.co.za and Jumia.co.za are South Africa’s top online shopping destinations for fashion, homeware, accessories, and so much more! We are looking for top talent to join our team of passionate and dedicated individuals in changing the digital landscape and building the best eCom business in Africa!
As Zando’s Head of eCommerce Services you are responsible for managing and optimizing several e-commerce websites, while maintaining excellent external client relationships! Aside from the opportunity to work in e-commerce with a diverse, innovative and dynamic team, we can offer you flexible working hours and a fun and fast pace work environment!
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for all aspects of the e-commerce services business unit
- Drive profitability and growth by managing and optimizing a website portfolio of 8 standalone stores
- Build and maintain client relationships where you are trusted as custodian of the brand’s e-commerce channel(s)
- Skilled tactician who can prioritize according to ROI and client needs
- Project management across multiple e-commerce functions including IT, UX, Marketing, Operations, Finance and Customer Service
- Develop and execute an effective e-commerce strategy alongside clients and Zando internal departments
- Manage team of account managers, campaign manager and administrative assistants, as well as partially allocated senior resources within Zando
- Derive and present insights, improvements, and key initiatives to internal and external parties
- Continuously assess the efficiency of processes and change if necessary.
- Negotiate contracts and integrate contract requirements with business operations
- Identify new areas of opportunity with both existing and potential clients, technologies, and partners
Education, skills and experience required:
- Degree/ diploma in Business Management, B-Com or similar advantageous.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior e-commerce function.
- Experience in an e-commerce setting essential.
- Sound understanding of e-commerce technologies, tactics, online marketing tools and strategies.
- Skilled at interpreting data and drawing relevant conclusions for performance improvement
- Strong decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Natural communicator with a positive can-do attitude; able to articulate complex systems or projects to various stakeholders.
- Out-of-the box thinker and being creative is an integral part of you.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious mindset.
- Organized and able to manage and coordinate various projects with various stakeholders.
- Working in a team motivates you and what you do, you do with passion.
- Whilst keeping an eye on all the relevant details of the job on hand, you never forget the bigger picture.
- Advanced level in MS Office package – with a specific focus on Excel and Powerpoint.
- Has a strategic / planning view.
- Able to perform under pressur
- Live the Zando values:
- Delivers customer satisfaction;
- Leads completely;
- Embraces and drives change;
- Goes the extra mile;
- Is adventurous, open-minded and creative;
- Creates fun and a positive team spirit.
*This appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to people from Designated Groups and people with a disability, provided such job applicants meet the inherent criteria of the vacancy.* Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.