Are you an experienced HR Manager within the FinTech industry? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the opportunity for you!
Our client, an American-based remote company, is looking to hire an Head of People Operations located Anywhere in Africa, to join their exciting remote team. They are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
If you are a hands-on, strategic professional individual, that is capable of achieving business goals through using change management and organizational design - then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced ever-growing, profitable, venture-backed company.
Job Type: Remote
- BSc in Human Resources Management, IT or relevant degree
- 5 years of relevant experience in Human Resources and FinTech Recruitment, preferable within large Nigeria tech companies
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labor legislation
- 2 years experience with training and development
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written skill
- Implement/facilitate training and development interventions
- Onboard new hires
- Coach and mentor employees whenever possible
- Create and manage a formal performance review process
- Design, propose, and implement human resources strategies, guidelines, and procedures within broad principles and policies to meet requirements supporting short and long-term business needs
- Provide local insight to corporate guidelines and procedures and manage the administration and implementation with respect to employee training and development programs, salary structure, performance appraisals and recognition, compensation, and benefit plans
- Ensure compliance of the company’s practices with applicable labor legislation and collective labor agreements in Nigeria and other African countries
- Secure professional legal support from external legal counsel as required
- Assist in articulation of the values and culture of the organization
- Work with CEO, COO, and CTO to identify human resources problems/issues and provides leadership and support in finding solutions
- Organize and supervise HR/Personnel services that highly qualified personnel are recruited, developed, and motivated to achieve business objectives
- Oversee and ensure the effective running of the local payroll via an external provider
- Manage relationships with external recruitment firms
- Write and post technical job descriptions
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search)
- Parse specialized skills and qualifications to screen IT resumes
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments, and behavioral questions)
- Coordinate with IT team leaders to forecast department goals and hiring needs
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates
- Compose job offer letters
- Promote the company’s reputation as a great place to work
- Conduct job and task analyses to document job duties and requirements
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products
- Proven experience in managing – leadership abilities and know-how to motivate and manage people
- Strong business mind and accountability
- Ability to create and manage processes and projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work in a fast pace international and multicultural environment
If this sparks your interest, then apply today!