As Head of Product Management, you’ll develop, interpret and facilitate the product vision and roadmap, feature prioritization and implementation in each of the identified product domains. You’ll be responsible for supporting a team of Product Managers and Product Owners to ensure their success against agreed product-specific strategies, goals and targets. This role is inherently cross-functional and requires you to work closely with the Engineering, Design, Marketing, Logistics, Customer Success and Account management teams.
You are someone who is creative, entrepreneurial, and focused on achieving outcomes. You love a big idea and know how to break it down, evaluate it, and build a plan to make it real. You can see the complexity of the ecosystem, but also worry about the details. You know how to use experimentation, iteration, and data-driven research to create product impact and meet strategic goals and you’ll work in close collaboration with cross-functional leaders and their teams throughout the process. You have extreme empathy for users/ customers and love talking to them to understand their challenges. And you bring great energy and drive you everyone you work with, moving the company forward faster and at higher standards.
As the Head of Product management, you are a custodian of agile product practices and understand various technologies fairly well. You also understand UX/UI practices and have no problem doing complex qualitative and quantitative analyses that help you solve users/ customers’ challenges.
What you’ll be doing
- Research, co-create and own the company-wide product vision and strategy for all product domains across the verticals and horizontals within which we operate.
- Create, own, update and communicate a master product roadmap, visible to the whole business and to our clients
- Assist Product Managers, Product Designers and Engineers with estimations and sizing exercises, and roadmapping to enable more predictability of product delivery and cross-functional alignment
- Work with the leadership team to prioritize solutions that assist immediate and long-term business objectives
- Partner with the leadership and Account Management teams for business development initiatives and client project scoping
- Lead, coach and develop a high-performing team of Product Managers to run effective products that deliver customer love and business outcomes.
- Drive and refine product and customer development processes, helping your teams to test hypotheses, break down complex problems and ensure good feedback loops are in place.
- Roll up your sleeves when needed and participate in the product processes with teams.
- Build and share empathy for our customers by developing an understanding of their wants and needs and build a strong vision to fulfil these.
- Work closely with peers specifically in design and engineering and generally throughout the company to ensure collaboration and a one-team mindset to solving customer problems.
- Translate analytics, data and user feedback into actionable product plans.
- Be the custodian for agile product practices across the company and find ways to upskill your peers.
Requirements and qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in product management, preferably in an e-commerce environment and/ or SaaS environment.
- Degree in Computer science, Business Administration, Engineering, Marketing, or related field.
- A self-starter leader who loves coaching and growing high-performing teams; ability to manage, guide and direct an experienced team of product managers for success.
- Experience developing and/or contributing to strategy, leading and managing projects, and working with distributed teams.
- Deep experience in roadmapping, estimation, sizing and prioritisation
- Experience negotiating, motivating, and collaborating with technical and design teams in executing on product and feature development .
- Experience negotiating and communicating with diverse stakeholders to create good outcomes for all parties.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic/analytical thinking, relationship building (internal and external stakeholders), and interpersonal skills.
- Superior project management, analysis, planning, and strategy skills.
- Familiarity with customer-centric design, user profiling, and insights development to support product strategy and design.
- A proven track record of delivering highly ambitious products. You’ll be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen.
- Preferable tech stack knowledge: C#, .NET, SQL, React JS, Node JS, Docker, Swift, Kotlin