WhereIsMyTransport are experts in mapping informal transport networks for fast-growing, emerging market megacities. We are designing a new mobility app specifically for the millions of people who rely entirely on public transport, and in particular flexible, organic, non-timetabled modes of transport that typically make up 80% of the commuter journeys taken in these cities.
As our initial launch approaches and we shift our thinking from research, design and engineering into product activation and roadmap, we are looking for an experienced Head of Product who is an expert in steering the direction of a mass consumer mobile app.
This individual will work with our research, design, engineering and local marketing team to shape product strategy, set success measures for the product, assess performance, adapt and enhance the product, and establish the roadmap for future feature sets.
This is a full-time, permanent role, and we will consider applicants who have the right to live and work in either the UK, South Africa, or Mexico. Key responsibilities are:
Product strategy, consumer & business value
- Set key usage and performance targets and metrics for the app, in association with the local market team; track and measure against these targets
- Own the product roadmap for the app, i.e. how it develops, improves and delivers consumer value over time
- Be responsible for how the app generates business value for WIMT, including alignment with broader business and data strategy
Product performance and delivery against roadmap
- Partner with research, analytics and in-country teams to assess product performance and shape direction for iterative improvement
- Partner with research, design and engineering teams to ensure delivery against the product roadmap
- Lead and direct our team of product managers
- Partner with in-country marketing and activation teams to ensure alignment between local activation and local product support with the overall product roadmap
- Partner with WhereIsMyTransport brand and marketing teams to ensure that the app has a clear brand positioning and is adequately supported by the overarching WhereIsMyTransport marketing plan
- Champion product activation and user retention thinking and ensure that this is reflected in the app roadmap
Experience and skills
- Experience in the creation, launch and early activation of mobile app product(s) targeted for mass consumer use
- Experience in leading the growth of a product, from initial launch through its early iterations, including the establishment of product market fit
- Up to date knowledge/experience of modern product activation techniques for mobile products, including reputational and award based models, rating systems, gamification and other approaches that have met with success
Valuable but not essential
- Experience with products aimed at lower-income level users and/or users with lower levels of technical literacy
- Experience with product activation in Latin America
- Spanish speaker
- A background in mobility/transport
If the person we’re describing here is you, you’ll know it’s you - and we’d love to hear from you. Please send us your CV at email@example.com, along with a few lines telling us why this is the perfect next move for you; send us something that’ll make us sit up and pay attention.