As Head of Strategic Finance, you will own M-KOPA’s financial forecasting (including both short- and long-range planning) and margin analysis to ensure that M-KOPA’s strategy achieves robust financial performance and that the company maintains progress towards its financial targets.
- You will own M-KOPA’s financial planning model and employ the model with the CFO and CEO for cash planning, budgeting, strategy development, and fundraising.
- Maintain 12-month rolling financial and cash forecast, working cross-functionally to ensure accurate and up-to-date model inputs. Ensure that the forecast clearly communicates progress against targets and makes apparent any actions that need to be taken on cost reduction or fundraising.
- Use the model to create our annual budget and mid-year reforecasts, working cross-functionally and with the CFO & CEO to develop accurate forecast assumptions that are consistent with M-KOPA’s strategic and financial objectives.
- Use the model for long-range strategic planning and scenario development.
- Use the model to drive debt and equity fundraising discussions, working directly with lenders and investors as needed.
- You will analyse M-KOPA’s margin performance against targets and lead cross-functional working groups to identify and track actions that need to be taken to achieve targets.
- You will drive ad hoc financial analyses as prioritised with the CFO.
Experience & Skills:
- Passion for M-KOPA’s social mission and improving the lives of our customers
- 5+ years work experience, including previous roles in strategic finance, FP&A, corporate development, banking, or investing
- Significant experience building dynamic 3-statement financial models in Excel and engaging with junior and senior stakeholders to build effective models, develop accurate model inputs, communicate model outputs, and use the models to forecast business scenarios and make strategic decisions
- Comfort with accounting principles
- Excitement about tackling tricky finance questions
- High motivation and a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written, and visual)
- Low ego and enthusiasm for engaging frequently with a wide range of people
- Comfort with uncertainty and fast-paced environments
- Experience living and/or working in East or West Africa
- Experience with digital financial services and/or alternative lending
- Experience with debt or equity fundraising
Required education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages:English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself