We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this problem by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In August 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of payments a month and expanding across the continent. And that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Help Desk Manager who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for troubleshooting and being the point of contact for tools as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal. You might take on this responsibility for a single team or office.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with our IT team to monitor and maintain internet access at the office to ensure 99.9% uptime, including liaising with external suppliers
- Ensure everyone in the office has access to the tools that they need to do their role
- Support onboarding to ensure employees are setup with the IT equipment and tools that they need
- Ensure employees are set up on the correct hardware for their job
- Create playbooks to help guide employees on how to use equipment and tools used at Wave
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Work authorization in Senegal required
- Fluent in French and English
- 2+ years as the Help Desk Manager in a fast-paced office setting
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Have developed processes with minimal guidance and have implemented them in the field
- Have experience developing and managing IT teams
- We're a team of 300+ Senegalese, 100+ Ivorian and 60+ remote people who are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.