We started in South Africa, in ’91. Back then, change was coming. Along with its challenges came the chance to invest in a better future. Our journey through that time taught us to recognise and embrace change and uncertainty. Change taught us to be bold. Resilient. Agile.
To believe that active investing can be a force for good.
Today, we manage R2,566 trillion for our clients globally. We still see the world from a different perspective. Whether it is the rise of the East or the rise of the machines, we’ll always seek to make the best of it. Best for our clients, best for our company, and the best for the world we live in. We are investing for a world of change.
We began as Investec Asset Management, a small start-up based in South Africa offering domestic investment strategies. In 2020, almost three decades of growth later, we de-merged from Investec Group to become Ninety One, an independent asset manager listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
While our name may have changed, we’re still the same firm. We offer distinctive investment strategies spanning equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and sustainability to help institutional investors, those advising others and individuals navigate an ever-changing world. All of our employees have the opportunity to own part of the firm. We also have our founding leadership in place. Our distinctive owner culture allows us to commit to building a long-term, inter-generational business. It supports a business fully aligned with our clients’ long-term investment objectives.
*as at 30 September 2020
Ninety One is an equal opportunities employer. Our imperative is to attract and retain the best talent by providing a corporate environment where people from varying backgrounds can develop professionally and build a rewarding career.
Ninety One is looking for a Cloud Engineer in Cape Town to join the Infrastructure team. The role will be focussed on driving infrastructure automation, CI/CD and DevOps across the business.
- Managing of Hybrid-Cloud (Azure, AWS and VMWare) environment as well as all aspects of our deployment methods including design, provisioning, monitoring, automation, and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Design and develop automated CI/CD infrastructure to allow developers to rapidly innovate as we move to Infrastructure as Code.
- Implement Cloud infrastructure solutions that meets functional and non-functional requirements and integrate solutions into existing infrastructure.
- Continually evaluate service and infrastructure usage to effectively manage performance, capacity and cost – automating solutions wherever possible.
- Leveraging tools to ensure configuration state is consistent across multiple systems that can be tracked, changed and updated in an automated way for security and vulnerability protection through tools like chef and terraform.
- Manage cloud deployments with cloud administration tools and management frameworks with a focus on deploying Infrastructure as Code.
- Manage stability and reliability, including dedicated root cause analysis, proactive monitoring and long-term remediation.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiative and providing associated training as required
- Participate in an on-call rotation on a regular basis and respond to SLA based incidents reliably and professionally.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant qualification in IT
- 8 years of experience working in an IT technical support team
- 5 years of experience with Public Cloud (Azure, AWS)
- 2 years of experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef as part of building and releasing infrastructure as code
- Experience in virtualization (VMWare) and hyperconverged platforms
- Understanding of packaging, deployment, and support of containerized (Kubernetes) applications
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, ADFS and SSO
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud networking, tracing and troubleshooting
- Git and Github workflows
- Strong understanding of common network protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, SSL/TLS, and relevant diagnostic tools
- Exposure to modern microservice and API integration
- Experience with VMWare VRA and VROps will be an advantage
- Operating Systems: RHEL, CentOS, Microsoft Windows Server
- Hypervisor: VMWare
- Cloud Technologies: Azure and AWS
- Containerization: Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, Azure AKS
- Automation: Terraform, Ansible
- Programming Language: Python
Risk and Compliance Responsibilities
- Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, market abuse, etc.
- Ensuring Compliance training, declarations and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis
- Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected
- Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues.
- Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime such as market abuse