Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
The main purpose of the job is to perform the role as Lead ETL Developer for Absa Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB). You will be responsible for participating and contributing to migrating an existing application to Hadoop and then enhancing this system as well as implementing new business requirements.
- Design, develop, automate and support complex applications to extract, transform and load data
- Develop solutions using Spark and Scala. (Possibly SSIS as well)
- Create and enhance data solutions enabling seamless delivery of data and is responsible for collecting, parsing, managing and analysing large sets of data
- Ensure data quality
- Clear, standardised documents that describe the ETL solution
- Ability to research and grasp new concepts at a fast pace.
- Excellent English and communication skills
- Planning and organizing
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectation
Knowledge and skills
- Scala Development Language or C# or Java Development Language
- ETL Development skills e.g. SSIS
- Expert working knowledge of SQL
- Hadoop Architecture and Operating System (Cloudera)
- Hadoop SQL (Hive)
- Sound and diligent approach to BI/ETL development and testing
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Development of ETL
- Working experience and knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, HDFS, Spark)
- Business knowledge in the Risk and Finance domain advantageous
- Proven technical skills
- University degree or equivalent
- University or post graduate degree in analytical subjects (mathematics, physics, engineering or IT), e.g. B.Sc Mathematics, Act. Sci, Statistics / FRM or PRMIA qualification
Preference given to the following additional skill-set
- Working understanding of Business Intelligence methodologies and BI software implementations e.g. Qlikview or Power BI
- Financial Services / Banking experience
- Ability to clearly demonstrate aptitude and attitude
Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised