Title: M&E Associate
Location: Thies, Senegal
Report to: Regional Director of M&E
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Monitoring & Evaluation Associate contributes to our success and sustainability as a social enterprise, and is important in measuring the progress towards success of different programs of the Innovation and Agriculture department. You will support the department’s teams identifying their monitoring data needs and help select appropriate methods for data collection. You will lead the process of tool development and data collection, ensuring delivery of reliable data as evidence to support decision-making and learning. So what kind of person will be successful in this role?
- You are passionate about data. You get excited when you discover a handy new Excel function; you enjoy the challenge of learning new software and finding the story behind a set of numbers or data. You know how to turn raw data into relevant insights and present it powerfully.
- You are an excellent team player, collaborating in both English and French. You enjoy building and encouraging positive working relationships with a broad range of people. You can understand several perspectives and convincingly communicate your point of view.
- Support the existing M&E operations, i.e. the annual harvest evaluation, nutrition survey and net-promoter score (NPS), collecting high-quality and reliable data,
- Recruit, train, and manage field-based data collection teams, including preparing training materials, and developing and monitoring work plans.
- Design data collection tools, with team members, that respond to identified indicators and are aligned with the program's goals.
- Turn data into information, by creating reports, visualizations and dashboards that allow tracking progress towards success and facilitate data analysis and interpretation.
- Collaborate with other departments, i.e. the data team and the call centers, to ensure activities support organizational M&E goals and meet data quality expectations.
- 2+ years of professional experience working in the field of Monitoring & Evaluation – preferably in a social enterprise or non-governmental organization.
- Comfortable working with a diverse team and at the crossroads between multiple departments.
- Demonstrated talent in learning new software applications, for purposes such as data collection and analysis.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!